What was your profession prior to retirement? This is really interesting.

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Default Re: What was your profession prior to retirement? This is really interesting.

My husband and I both are retired from DoD, United States Army Security Assistance Command.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts
Default Re: What was your profession prior to retirement? This is really interesting.

John - career with AT&T and spinoffs for 30+ years. Engineering and Operations management.

Miss K - school librarian and retired early to raise 2 great kids
Old 01-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Ok here goes.......
Vice Pres. of Lakeshore Industrial equipment co. of Michigan. and Corp. Pilot.
Sold Personal Plane when I retired and haven't been up sense.......At times I miss them Both but don't miss the bad weather flying.......Had the greatest job in Michigan but nothing beats living in THE VILLAGES....

FUMAR
Old 01-08-2008, 01:47 AM

Semi retired, now teach advanced aircraft accident investigation techniques (the big stuff)
Old 01-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel1
Semi retired, now teach advanced aircraft accident investigation techniques (the big stuff)
Oh my. And can you get back on an airplane after this? somehow I manage to get myself aboard despite knowing for sure that there is no reason for an object that heavy to remain aloft.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 01-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Sage

Barefoot: Barmaid, Legal Assistant, Insurance Adjuster, IBM Manager (22 years),
Real Estate Broker (17 years). Now my job seems to be hanging out
on TOTV!

He Who Refuses to Retire: Firefighter in Canada (Captain of Rescue Squad)
Old 01-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Sage

From DC area, so, naturally worked for Uncle Sam.

Me: IT professional...from programmer to systems analyst to project manager; mostly with database/large scale systems primarily dealing with aviation and transportation security subject matter. Thankfully, fully retired now and enjoying TV.

Mr 07: Highway Civil Engineer; still does some teaching of highway safety short courses.

OK, got that out of my system...now return to not thinking about that past working life any longer.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:38 AM

Management Analyst with the US Army Corps of Engineers 30 years
Old 01-08-2008, 12:40 PM

Retired from the Saratoga Springs NY Police department, 25 Years hooray
Old 01-08-2008, 02:38 PM

We were both teachers--my husband taught 5th and 6th grade Science and Math for 31 years and I taught 2 years of middle/high school business ed, and 24 years of community college in business ed. My husband has also been with the Iowa National Guard and the Reserves for 20 years.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Worked for the State of New YORK for 35 years in data processing Last position was day shift supervisor of Information Services at Stony Brook University
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Sage

Bump
Old 01-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Platinum member

Drug Dealer. I got drugged (Deployed) all over the place. Hey I never said I had a PHD. But

there's NO

place like home. Go Bucks.

God Bless Our Troops. ;D :cop: :#1:
Old 01-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to BethS Send a message via Yahoo to BethS

I worked for General Motors/Delphi for 30 years, 20 in the factory and the last 10 as a union official, editor of the newspaper and site communications, also I was the Employee Assistance Rep. for the Site. Asked to retire Sept. 06 because of the Delphi bankruptcy and then was allowed to flowback on paper to General Motors. Anyone in need of a good reliable employee!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:07 PM

This is the coolest thread yet !!! Handie, U R twisted. Love your humor. JohnZ and Schotzyb: Please let me know if there's a job opening that would suite me - I'd pack it all up today, maybe! I am a . . . . not a urologist, not a gynecologist, not even a gemologist ! Believe it or not, I'm a certified psychiatric nurse working in corrections in maximum security women's prison. I work with the most ill psychiatric women. OK, make your jokes, c'mon Donna, poke fun at this. But I gotta tell you, it's the best kept secret in nursing. Hear that Russ Boston?? I would consider (and love) working with the Veterans, maybe Alzheimer unit. Sounds cool to me.

As I said in other posts, I will be coming in APril (please don't change the date of the TOTV luncheon) and I'm sure I will fall in love with TV. Waiting for my house to sell in PA but would consider moving there sooner if the right job presented itself. I WILL NEED TO WORK F/T. I'm early 50's.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.