What's being built at Pinellas and Powell?

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think that someone official at The Villages, AND/Or at The Daily Sun reads this forum.

There have been so many questions as to when retail would be added in the 466A area on this forum..

There was also some "suggestion" of a restaurant to come in that area. Must be someone who hasn't signed on the dotted line yet. Is that area golf cart accessible?

Now I imagine we will hear from posters who say it isn't close enough to their village.

I still am mad that The Daily Sun has stopped publishing the police blotter.

I like to know all the bad stuff too. Not that we have all that much...but..
Yes it is GC accessible however it's at the far end of TV but there is no other place along 466A that is GC accesable at this time so I'm sure it's not close enough for many. If someone from TV is reading, how about a Dunkin Donuts please.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Sage

Colony Plaza and the entire area across the street are golf cart accessible on 466A. Not sure what Skip is saying???
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 AM

New details in today's Daily Sun paper. Kind of disappointing that we will have a repeat of the same things we already have throughout TV. Would be nice to see some different restaurants and shops going in. More variety would be great!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingthedream View Post
New details in today's Daily Sun paper. Kind of disappointing that we will have a repeat of the same things we already have throughout TV. Would be nice to see some different restaurants and shops going in. More variety would be great!

I agree but he same thing beats the heck out of nothing!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Yes it is GC accessible however it's at the far end of TV but there is no other place along 466A that is GC accesable at this time so I'm sure it's not close enough for many. If someone from TV is reading, how about a Dunkin Donuts please.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Sage

patience, patience.....I'm sure as time unfolds things will happen where it will become MORE golf-cart accessible and MORE commerce will be building on that end of T.V. It takes time to build anything. Just think that what has happened south of 466 in a relatively short period of time....ask the "old timers" who live north of there. LSL---7 to 8 years ago looked a bit like Brownwood in that there weren't many buildings there. They're still filling in!!! The Creekside Landing housing wasn't there 3 years ago nor was that "doctors" park across from Barnes and Noble---it's still filling in!!!

We'd probably be "blown away" if we were privy to the BIG picture of what's in the dreaming/planning stages south of 466a!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,393 Posts

Some, are just never satisfied..........................
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Some, are just never satisfied..........................
couldn't have posted it better myself! ya know someone is gonna hafta come along and complain that the sweet bay store is too small and shudda been bigger!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM

I wish we could get a Texas Roadhouse in Brownwood. It would fit the western theme perfectly!!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Colony Plaza and the entire area across the street are golf cart accessible on 466A. Not sure what Skip is saying???
They were saying the new area might not be close enough. I said there is no other area available at this time for expansion, Colony and the South side are almost full with the exception of 3 lots on the north side of 466a in front of Colony. So as for expansion Pinellas is the only spot left. The N/S of Colony by the assisted living is reserved for at least 2 possibly 3 more buildings which will start later this year. After that GC assessable areas are closed except by the Pinellas area.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Veteran member
Default Publix?

Why did Publix choose not to build there?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Sage

Needed at both Colony and Powell areas of 466-A are:

IHOP

Bob Evans
Old 03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Needed at both Colony and Powell areas of 466-A are:

IHOP

Bob Evans
Agree or anything else different to eat at.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Is that area golf cart accessible?
Gracie

At this time no it is not legally golf cart accessible as it is still under construction. It will be when completed. There are no trespassing signs already in place but that has not stopped some people from driving their carts to the county services building. I have seen carts parked that the county building a number of times and even watched a few drive right past the no trespassing sign as it did not pertain to them.

Of a bigger interest would be the big complex that is on the drawing boards for the area on the north side of 466a and east of Powell Rd. Will that complex have a crossing at 466a to get to Sweatbay? This area is NOT owned by the developer and if things go true to form the new complex will not have a dedicated cart path to TV.

VG
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingthedream View Post
We have a repeat of the things we already have for very practical reasons.

Businesses want to open another location because they have been successful here. It is guided by the businesses NOT the developer so if you want a Dunkin Donut or a BeefMeUp Gym or a Bob Evans, go to their web site and tell them you do.

The demographers in this country have been caught snoozing by the rapid growth of this area. Most in the last six to eight years. NO ONE can believe how big we are until they SEE how big we are. They are not aware that we are now bigger than Ocala...even the TV Stations don't mention us with proper respect as to weather, if you ask me.

So barage the sites of businesses you want with your request or start a thread here with the link and we will help you.

I imagine the developers will find a place to build for them if the businesses YOU want become interested.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.