What's Goin' On?

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Default What's Goin' On?

No, this is not a thread about Marvin Gaye.

Most of my usual sources of information regarding clubs, activities, sports, etc., both organized and casual, are really unreliable in these trying times. They are either not updated at all or are very inaccurate. And it also appears some new activities, C-virus friendly of course, have sprung up as a direct result of (in spite of? ) the current situation.

So I was hoping I could get folks to post regarding activities that are still or newly available to Villagers, especially those activities that are not mentioned or accurately detailed in the usual information sources. I think many could benefit from this.

So...what's goin' on?
Old 07-31-2020, 10:59 AM

Line dancing at 5 at LSL Appropriately spaced. You can watch on the video camera.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:01 AM

Sorry but 'appropriately spaced' is just a joke, we went to SL one evening around 630 to pick up food and noticed the dancing in the square at least 50 people, no masks and all but one lady were all clustered together maybe 3' of space between
Old 08-01-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
No, this is not a thread about Marvin Gaye.

Most of my usual sources of information regarding clubs, activities, sports, etc., both organized and casual, are really unreliable in these trying times. They are either not updated at all or are very inaccurate. And it also appears some new activities, C-virus friendly of course, have sprung up as a direct result of (in spite of? ) the current situation.

So I was hoping I could get folks to post regarding activities that are still or newly available to Villagers, especially those activities that are not mentioned or accurately detailed in the usual information sources. I think many could benefit from this.

So...what's goin' on?
Nice post Bear, but I think we are sort of stuck in a void for the time being. The news yesterday said that virus numbers were escalating in Marion and that is too close for comfort, so I think it will be difficult for a lot of us to get out and about somewhat like usual until the numbers get better. Our go to place is LSL, but not much happening there at the moment.

As for me personally - I am getting sick of reading, doing cross words, watching the box and finding stuff to do around the house and yard. I actually stooped to cleaning out the garage this week

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-01-2020, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Nice post Bear, but I think we are sort of stuck in a void for the time being. The news yesterday said that virus numbers were escalating in Marion and that is too close for comfort, so I think it will be difficult for a lot of us to get out and about somewhat like usual until the numbers get better. Our go to place is LSL, but not much happening there at the moment.

As for me personally - I am getting sick of reading, doing cross words, watching the box and finding stuff to do around the house and yard. I actually stooped to cleaning out the garage this week
Don't know about ongoing activities in TV.
But.
I sharpened 37 pencils yesterday, then checked about 40 old ball point pens for ink, and threw most of them away!!
Closed Thread

Tags
activities, unreliable, information, goin, sources

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.