Whats going on in fruitland /colony area??

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Thanks for the link.....space will be housing both medical offices and shopping of some sort? Let's see I'm not a mind reader or anything like that but I'll bet there will be some sort of eye place, a dry cleaner, a frozen yogurt place, a chiropractor, a nail salon.......you know......just like the other 5 strip malls we already have.
I believe that parcel is not The Villages but another developer. I did see a sign, build to suit, commercial space for lease.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I hope somebody does something about the rotting garbage smell that starts at 466A by Colony shopping center and extends all the way down to the end of where they're building the new houses. There must be a hidden trash dump around there somewhere.

Be darned if I would buy one of those half-a-million designer houses with that kind of smell.
There is for some time a big dump. south and to the right, why i stayed away from that area. Been there before they even crossed 466 a, with the building. Its surrounded by large trees and berms. Google earth shows it, Large square to right.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIPAS K-9 View Post
There is for some time a big dump. south and to the right, why i stayed away from that area. Been there before they even crossed 466 a, with the building. Its surrounded by large trees and berms. Google earth shows it, Large square to right.
That spot is for landfill type waste. It is not licensed for solid municipal waste.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
Last Rec Ctr should be by 44 and Morse. Think It might be called Rohan Rec.

Plans change daily along with the Names of things like Buildings and Roads.

Fruitland Park starting to move along good. We are doing a wall for one of the Villa units today we started it.

Thank you for the update
Old 09-19-2014, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
I believe that parcel is not The Villages but another developer. I did see a sign, build to suit, commercial space for lease.
Regardless who is building it, I HOPE they try extra hard to recruit new tennants!!!!!! So very tired of the same ol, same ol stores/owners/restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
The Daily Commercial stated there would be a small shopping center on 466A near the intersection with micro track road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
did i hear right ??? another 2000 homes??? that makes like 4000 more people..and 2000 more CARS!! insane..how about building a nice shopping mall with a jc penny and sears??? something useful!!!! this place will be a zoo...like we really need more homes????

I also read on the other newsletter that "they"--not TV, were going to build hundreds of houses somewhere in the area of Micro race track road and Rolling Acres Road. I did not know this but apparently there are already some houses in that area, will be increasing what is there and building other areas. I will say that I have only seen this on that 1 site, and nowhere else, so take this with a pinch of salt.

I also am very worried about the water supply for the surrounding area too.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:27 AM
Gold member

keep building then tell me i can only water once a week --- catch me
Old 09-19-2014, 07:45 AM

Sarcasm aside, which is totally uncalled for, when we bought in The Villages in May, 2005 Sunset Pointe was the southernmost village. It astounds me that the building has gone so far south, which is remarkable. I do agree, however, that a HomeGoods, maybe a Cheesecake Factory or California Pizza Kitchen, would be nice. I do have my favorites in The Villages, but even that gets old. And now that my favorite clothing store has gone belly-up (Coldwater Creek), where to shop?? Petite sizes are very hard to find, and however much I love going to Belks, "variety is the spice of life." I did call HomeGoods headquarters and got a story about people/mile. Well, that was about 5 years ago. I think someone in their development departments needs to pay us a visit!!! Just my $.02. Oh, and why the survey every year if the above stores haven't been planning to build? A small mall with some variety and a nice "new" foodcourt--now that would be nice. Who's listening. . . .
Old 09-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueclark View Post
Sarcasm aside, which is totally uncalled for, when we bought in The Villages in May, 2005 Sunset Pointe was the southernmost village. It astounds me that the building has gone so far south, which is remarkable. I do agree, however, that a HomeGoods, maybe a Cheesecake Factory or California Pizza Kitchen, would be nice. I do have my favorites in The Villages, but even that gets old. And now that my favorite clothing store has gone belly-up (Coldwater Creek), where to shop?? Petite sizes are very hard to find, and however much I love going to Belks, "variety is the spice of life." I did call HomeGoods headquarters and got a story about people/mile. Well, that was about 5 years ago. I think someone in their development departments needs to pay us a visit!!! Just my $.02. Oh, and why the survey every year if the above stores haven't been planning to build? A small mall with some variety and a nice "new" foodcourt--now that would be nice. Who's listening. . . .

The survey every year is probably used by the commercial development part of the operation to show valid requests for those businesses, a leveraging tool. You are right that the demographers in this country are not keeping up with us and you all know of the utter surprise visitors have when they come here. Some of the national chains who have just come out of a major downturn in business aren't looking to expand quite yet either.

Many stores like Homegoods would have been a huge success and they have missed a lot of business as thousands and thousands were feathering their new nests.

I am quite sure that the developer would like to build buildings to lease to all of these businesses you want, but those businesses have to want to come here and have the money for expansion and most of all to realize what a market we present.

Just keep contacting the businesses you want, it is all we can do and fill out the survey.
But places slightly more expensive like Coldwater Creek that does not have the entire spectrum of sizes do not get the business they expect here where most are very dollar wise and many are larger sizes.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
I agree totally.... just what we need another freaking golf course and more crazy drivers in the round a bouts.
Belive it or not this is a golfing community.......................didn't you notice when you drove in?
Old 09-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
At a a personal level, I have no problem with 2,000 more homes.

However, what I DO have a problem with are the roads. I understand that a "portion" of 466A is due to be widened. Why haven't they started? Some governmental mishap (ahem) for the delay? Look how long the road work on 441 took. Disgraceful! 466A west of Powell Road is an embarrassment. Why isn't it finished?

Micro Racetrack, Lake Ella and Rolling Acres roads all need to be widened -- NOW!

What is the real problem with getting these roads to at least partially keep up with the growth in population??? And please -- I don't want to hear anyone say $$$. That's always the age-old excuse. Float a bond or whatever, but do something!
Did you read the announcement of the 466A construction? Are they behind schedule? Why the hurry?
Do a Google search on the the 466A east............it was $ the boys up in Tallahasse didn't see the need for dollars on road construction as they had to give money to corporate welfare!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIPAS K-9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
That spot is for landfill type waste. It is not licensed for solid municipal waste.

How long has that license for landfill type waste been in place, and what was the license preceding this one. And who is monitoring what gets dumped here?

If anyone is thinking about buying in this area, these are the questions you need to ask. There is a reason why there is a foul odor in this area.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
I know. Even though we have bought a house here, I must admit to having had flashbacks to my long ago geology classes and those lectures on aquifers. Oh, well.
Don't worry about the water. The political appointees have every thing under control. The continue to award water contracts to bottlers and others. So, there must be enough water?
Old 09-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
did i hear right ??? another 2000 homes??? that makes like 4000 more people..and 2000 more CARS!! insane..how about building a nice shopping mall with a jc penny and sears??? something useful!!!! this place will be a zoo...like we really need more homes????
Where have you been? This is not new or news
Old 09-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantwaittoarrive View Post
Where have you been? This is not new or news
What is new...on the online news of which we are not to name...is that they have found room for 28 more homes on an area that had to have a number of soil checks. (???????)

I know what is going to be said and who is going to say it.

The online news used a term something like they were going to cram them in. lol

We do have small lots here, but I can see people elbowing each other over in Fruitland Park area of The Villages. Someone suggested that the snowbirds in that area were going to be called Fruitflies..
Old 09-19-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Don't worry about the water. The political appointees have every thing under control. The continue to award water contracts to bottlers and others. So, there must be enough water?

Oh noooooo! More flashbacks! Your punctuation with that question mark at the end was not lost on me.

You see, geology was the only science I ever truly loved. Although I did have a brief flirtation with botany.

But I really do like having a house here. . .so. . .Oh, well. Oh, well. Oh, well. Ooooooooh, wellllll!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.