Those neighborhhod watch trucks? What do they do?

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2007, 05:50 AM
Founder
Default Those neighborhhod watch trucks? What do they do?

It's nice to see those little white pickup trucks driving around all the time. What do those guys do? I know they have no police authority. Can anybody shed any light on this?
Old 04-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Default Re: Those neighborhhod watch trucks? What do they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
It's nice to see those little white pickup trucks driving around all the time. What do those guys do? I know they have no police authority. Can anybody shed any light on this?
> I personally think that they are not all that they are cracked up to be by the sales force! for instance, there was an illegally parked motor home, for 8 days, recently in our neighborhood. When I and other neighbors complained, there was no evidence that any of the "little white truck guys" had taken any proactive steps to remove or cause to be removed by any authoritive persons in the villages. This is supposed to be done by the deeds enforcement people, which was well over the 72 hour maximum allowable time limit when a complaint is filed by the LWTG. I am still waiting for a shift supervisor to call me back when the first complaint was filed by one of his staff. 6 days later and counting.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:01 PM

One dark night I came through the unmanned La Zamora gate off 466, and it was wide open. That looked dangerous to me, as it seemed like an open invitation to anyone with bad intentions to just come on in. That's a really dark area at night, and I was concerned about all the people living just inside that gate.

So I called Village Watch and reported it. They said they knew about it and the gate was broken, and would be fixed the next day. I don't understand why there was no little white truck sitting there, or why they didn't assign someone to sit in the little booth, just to deter criminals.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 PM

The "Little White Trucks" appeart to be a "Selling Point" used by the Developer but paid for by the homeowners. What do they do???? Evidently not much and get paid for it!!!! :
Old 04-17-2007, 07:22 PM

The men in the white trucks go around to the pools to check the water temperature..They go around turning out lights in the bathrooms at night..and locking the doors..Then the next morning the unlock..checking on the pool area..making sure the pool pump is working..and the temp is fine. They change the clocks when the time changes twice a year. Hmm.. that is what I have observed. I am sure there are other things they do.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.