What's with the lawns in the northeast part of Marion County?

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Founder
Default What's with the lawns in the northeast part of Marion County?

I went for a bike ride on the streets off of Belle Meade this morning. Some of the lawns are completely dead. For blocks around, there are huge dead spots. Is it a chinch bug problem? If so, why haven't the lawn treatment people been able to stop it? If it's not chich bug, what is it?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: What's with the lawns in the northeast part of Marion County?

Some might be cinch bug (St Augustine grass only) but I suspect most is the drought. In my case with the Bahia it was the drought. It rains a lot in some areas but none in others. People I golf with tell me how much it rained yesterday (rhetorically speaking) and there was none in Springdale. I can play at Oakleigh and get rain and none in Springdale. If we do get rain it is a sprinkle.

In the last few weeks that has changed and we got some monsoon type rains, but it is too late in the season to help the grass.

My lawn fertilizer and bug person said that since I can only water once a week to double my times. That did bring my yard back. Now that we have rain, the system is off.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.