What’s the story of these houses?

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I do try to follow the rules as Coleman prison doesn’t look like a pleasant place to stay. However, it’s sometime difficult to follow even the simple rules found on this forum site to not have your post deleted.

It sure looks like any other public road that you would find in TV except no gates. Maybe I should not have peered in the window to take a picture as I have done many other times looking at houses for sale.

Every so often I do kid in such a way that only my brother would understand my joke. I broke no lock! I will try to be more definitive in the future. Everyone have a very good holiday season, wish that this property someday is successfully utilized and enjoy our time in TV.
Who among us hasn’t has a post deleted now and then?
Old 12-17-2017, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=2newyorkers;1491535]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I missed the sign. Is it near the hotel? Or is it in the space where they sell strawberries and stuff in between the hotel and the real estate building? A sign has been there for ages.[/QUOTE

Yes Gracie in that location. These signs looked different but as I age my memory fades also.
I looked for it today as I went by.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Really.... you find that strange? What if it were your property? What if a nose was pressed against a window your family was on the other side of? What if.... what if....

What if everyone got to decide what laws and rules were to be followed and when they needed to be followed and when they didn't need to be followed? Today it's ok to trespass because I'm curious and tomorrow maybe we can discuss assault, because I would like to knock some common sense into a few people. What do you think? What law or rule can we sidestep the next day? And don't say speeding and stop signs.... they've already been done!
I think all and every unoccupied property should be checked every once in a while to make sure there has been no crime committed somewhere on the property.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:13 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Thanks OP for pointing out this property. I’m sure from the air it’s much easier to find a “mystery” piece of land such as this. I’ve passed by the Hampton Inn many times and often wondered what was in the area north of there and why it hadn’t been developed.

My instinct is to follow “the rules” as learned from my father at a young age. Occasionally strayed, when it seemed appropriate and it didn’t hurt anybody, but those times were very rare. I remember a quote “If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun”. Anonymous. Fore!
Old 12-17-2017, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

You never know what you may see when looking thru a window. Me personally no problemo with what TPK did at all. I would have done the same thing. That being said.

Within the last month, a neighbor who seems fine but chooses to speak and look at no one passed away in his home in my neighborhood. A seasonal neighbor who helped this man when he was in trouble once came down for a few weeks and noticed he had seen no movement whatsoever at this private mans home. He decided to open the door and found he was dead. It was not a good scene. Seasoned officers were coming out of the residence saying they never saw anything like it. We noticed one circular in his driveway for three weeks and we talked about making a call to community watch or knocking on his door but decided instead to respect his privacy. Who knows maybe we could have saved him. It is a tough call to make. No one is qualified to judge us or TPK unless they have a badge on. Otherwise, it is just the ramblings of wannabee Barney Fife. I'm sorry I didn't look but that ship has sailed.

I love the pictures that TPK gives to us, it is a beautiful thing, Thank You.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I took this picture last year and then was going to ask about these four abandoned houses located north of 466 and south of the Polo fields. I don’t believe anything has changed since the picture was taken. What’s the story?

Dropbox - IMG_5667.JPG
did you take the pics from The Cub?
Old 12-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
did you take the pics from The Cub?
Yes, from the Cub.

A picture of me in the Cub looking the wrong way at the Leesburg Airport EAA Young Eagle day on Saturday->

Dropbox - J-3 EAA.JPG

More about the EAA Young Eagle program -> EAA Young Eagles Program | EAA

I took the latest pictures of Fenney on the flight back to Inverness.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietpepsi View Post
i am surpriseed u couldnt smell him! very sad we get to the age NOBODY in the world cared about him,,, americans friendly hometown!
He made a choice long before most of us even heard of The Villages. He did not want contact with anyone except for the seasonal neighbor who helped him get his Golf Cart out of a bush that he drove it into one night years ago. So out of many, he chose one. I'm in the same neighborhood as this gentleman and it is Americas Friendliest Hometown with a blip here and there. As of today, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:29 PM

I know something about this property. It is owned by Jonathan and Susan Dean who own the Cebert Wealth building. The land was platted for half residential use and half commercial use. The property has its own well and sewer plant. The residential property was platted for individual lots. The developer chose to ignore the agreed upon platting and build the houses instead where they currently exist. So no Certificate of Occupancy is going to be granted. Jonathan has the property up for sale and I saw a sign for CORE, INC go up the other week. Looks like CORE is going to develop the commercial side. Someone with deeper pockets than mine could buy the residential side and have it rezoned to commercial to make use of the land. personally I wouldn't want to live in a house next to a hotel and commercial businesses. I always thought that was a weird place to put houses.
Carl Mullin, CPR Real Estate Solutions, LLC , Village of Winifred
Old 12-18-2017, 05:44 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvmullin View Post
I know something about this property. It is owned by Jonathan and Susan Dean who own the Cebert Wealth building. The land was platted for half residential use and half commercial use. The property has its own well and sewer plant. The residential property was platted for individual lots. The developer chose to ignore the agreed upon platting and build the houses instead where they currently exist. So no Certificate of Occupancy is going to be granted. Jonathan has the property up for sale and I saw a sign for CORE, INC go up the other week. Looks like CORE is going to develop the commercial side. Someone with deeper pockets than mine could buy the residential side and have it rezoned to commercial to make use of the land. personally I wouldn't want to live in a house next to a hotel and commercial businesses. I always thought that was a weird place to put houses.
Carl Mullin, CPR Real Estate Solutions, LLC , Village of Winifred
Thanks for the great insight to this property. As to your statement” personally I wouldn’t want to live in a house next to a hotel and businesses”, we will have to wait and see how this looks to current residents of Alden Bungalows when completed.

Dropbox - IMG_0135.JPG
Closed Thread

Tags
what’s, picture, houses, story, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.