What's the story of these houses? Part 2

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default What's the story of these houses? Part 2

According to the other village news site, and I quote; “a controversial zoning petition for a retail development along County Road 466 was rejected unanimously Tuesday night by Sumter County commissioners after strong opposition by neighboring property owners.

The action was a rare denial of a zoning petition by the usually pro-business board. Earlier this month, the county Zoning Board of Adjustment also recommended denial of the rezoning.

The petition would have rezoned four acres to heavy commercial to allow development of several stores anchored by a 30,000-square-foot grocery store plus parking.

Not part of The Villages, the property is across the highway from Laurel Manor Recreation Center near the Hampton Inn & Suites.”

I suspect that once this land is acquired by the Villages Developer, things will smoothly proceed.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...houses-250940/

Last edited by twoplanekid; 05-25-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
According to the other village news site, and I quote; “a controversial zoning petition for a retail development along County Road 466 was rejected unanimously Tuesday night by Sumter County commissioners after strong opposition by neighboring property owners.

The action was a rare denial of a zoning petition by the usually pro-business board. Earlier this month, the county Zoning Board of Adjustment also recommended denial of the rezoning.

The petition would have rezoned four acres to heavy commercial to allow development of several stores anchored by a 30,000-square-foot grocery store plus parking.

Not part of The Villages, the property is across the highway from Laurel Manor Recreation Center near the Hampton Inn & Suites.”

I suspect that once this land is acquired by the Villages Developer, things will smoothly proceed.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...houses-250940/
Did you even read the article?
Old 05-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Ok, who has the best chance to develop this vacant land not golf cart accessible and surrounded by The Villages?
Old 05-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Ok, who has the best chance to develop this vacant land not golf cart accessible and surrounded by The Villages?
The people who were protesting the development are the Morse family friends.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
The people who were protesting the development are the Morse family friends.
Seems to me that it was an indirect way of the Developer family to protect the exclusivity of the shopping districts it already owns. I doubt that any zoning board around The Villages goes against what the Developer wishes. And, given the Developer's track record, rightly so.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Company town politics as usual?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-25-2018, 09:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
Seems to me that it was an indirect way of the Developer family to protect the exclusivity of the shopping districts it already owns. I doubt that any zoning board around The Villages goes against what the Developer wishes. And, given the Developer's track record, rightly so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Stange answers when you consider this list:
  • Expansion of shopping on 27/441 that included Stein Mart, Ulta Beauty and Boot Barn
  • Trailwinds Village on 466A
  • Shopping plaza on 44 across from Brownwood
  • Freedom Plaza under construction on 44 next to Center for Advanced Medicine
  • Shopping plaza beginning construction on 27/441 across from McDonald's and Tire Kingdom
Old 05-25-2018, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Yes SIR. And it only works because I strongly suspect the Morse family are decent people.

Tags
petition, zoning, county, development, property

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.