Celebrate your luck if you are able to be at your Villages Home : )

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts
Default Celebrate your luck if you are able to be at your Villages Home : )

Well, winter is here in full force up north. How we wish we were at our Villages home. Below are some pictures. The snow started yesterday at about 3 PM and has not stopped yet. The first pictures are when I finished plowing this afternoon at about 2 PM. I don't know what I would do without my trusty Kabuta Tractor. My amateur welding of the rusty snow blade seemed to hold up, so I got that going for me. Next are a couple of pictures taken at the next snow clean up at about 9:30 PM. So far we have about a foot and a half of snow here in the Berkshires, and it is supposed to keep snowing until about 8 AM tomorrow. We should have close to 2 feet when it's all done. I have to admit that the first snow of the year is kind of special, but once it turns to frozen ice and is a slipping hazard for the next 4 months it really suck$. I would have much preferred to be driving our golf cart out for 18 holes at the Villages today than plowing snow, but what can you do? At least our border collie enjoyed the storm. We can't wait until Christmas is over so we can pack up the truck and head south for New Years : )
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	I.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	82081   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	82082   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	82083   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	82084  
Old 12-03-2019, 07:34 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

I feel your pain. Beautiful, but I would rather watch the snow on my cameras back home and be in TVs on the golf course.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:42 AM

We are fortunate to be here, minnesnowta has plenty too. Looking at all the pictures friends and relatives send complaining of the cold and snow.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Well, winter is here in full force up north. How we wish we were at our Villages home. Below are some pictures. The snow started yesterday at about 3 PM and has not stopped yet. The first pictures are when I finished plowing this afternoon at about 2 PM. I don't know what I would do without my trusty Kabuta Tractor. My amateur welding of the rusty snow blade seemed to hold up, so I got that going for me. Next are a couple of pictures taken at the next snow clean up at about 9:30 PM. So far we have about a foot and a half of snow here in the Berkshires, and it is supposed to keep snowing until about 8 AM tomorrow. We should have close to 2 feet when it's all done. I have to admit that the first snow of the year is kind of special, but once it turns to frozen ice and is a slipping hazard for the next 4 months it really suck$. I would have much preferred to be driving our golf cart out for 18 holes at the Villages today than plowing snow, but what can you do? At least our border collie enjoyed the storm. We can't wait until Christmas is over so we can pack up the truck and head south for New Years : )
How fun to see your other home. How beautiful it is. How dear is your border collie. Thank you for this lovely post.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We received a lot of pictures and notes yesterday from New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania showing the Snow Situation. I feel terrible for them.

This is the trade-off for the times that we face some rough weather. I know we are on the winning side of that equation. I didn't mention that we're cold too!

tophcfa thanks for the beautiful pictures.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Nice Light Bar.

Would look good on a golf cart too.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Nice Light Bar.

Would look good on a golf cart too.
Would be seriousl overkill for golf cart, but works great on tractor for plowing at night. The plow blade blocks the factory headlights.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
I know exactly what it feels like. I'm a Bostonian.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Beautiful New England home, but that is a lot of property to take care of. My son's are both in NH and buried under snow!!!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Sage

The storm is over and clean up is done. The final snow count is 21.5 inches (probably a little more because of the wind blowing some snow away) as measured from the top of our picnic table. Now the high winds and drifting start, next will be the thaw and refreeze so everything turns to slippery ice. Getting too old for this stuff!
Old 12-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Beautiful New England home, but that is a lot of property to take care of. My son's are both in NH and buried under snow!!!
Your correct, it's a lot of property to take care of. It's a love/hate relationship, we love the home but it's a huge responsibility and it makes it hard for us to spend as much time as we wish we could in the Villages. I have learned the best recipe for a fun retirement is to shed as much responsibility as possible. Our whole lives have been about dealing with responsibility, retirement is about getting rid of those responsibilities and enjoying our limited remaining healthy years having fun. The home is way too big of a responsibility, but it will be very hard to someday move on from it.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Your correct, it's a lot of property to take care of. It's a love/hate relationship, we love the home but it's a huge responsibility and it makes it hard for us to spend as much time as we wish we could in the Villages. I have learned the best recipe for a fun retirement is to shed as much responsibility as possible. Our whole lives have been about dealing with responsibility, retirement is about getting rid of those responsibilities and enjoying our limited remaining healthy years having fun. The home is way too big of a responsibility, but it will be very hard to someday move on from it.
We had a custom build on a golf course in NH and when we finally decided enough was enough I cried for days, then I had to start emptying it and I was no longer crying because it was such hard work to get rid of the "stuff" we had accumulated over the years. We had two acres on a golf course with a stream running through the back, it sold to the first person who looked at it for full price so that helped. We also have a great aerial view photo of the property that hangs on my office wall now here in TV.

We really have never regretted selling the property and moving to TV.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Yes, I am sure glad to be back down here after Thanksgiving up north. Central Indiana missed all the big snow; all I saw were snow flurries, but that was more than enough for me! As chilly as it is down here this week, I’ll take that any day over your snow!
Old 12-03-2019, 06:50 PM

We are from New Hampshire too! Loved my home but couldn't handle the winters anymore. And unless you're a snow bunny, all you can do is look outside and wonder how long until Spring! Love my home in TV!
Old 12-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Your house and its setting are gorgeous. I bet you have at least one great fireplace. And of course the pup is beautiful.

Safe travels when you are finally able to get on the road.

Tags
snow, pictures, villages, plowing, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.