What's The Weather Really Like at TV?

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I agree. I was both professor of medicine at a university hospital and chief of staff at a 130 bed community hospital. For most aspects of care, from aides to nurses to your primary care doctor, you get more attention and better care from your friends and neighbors that you will ever see at a tertiary care center. When you have a rare illness, or severe trauma, the university is where you need to be. But for run of the mill hospitalizations, I would stay local, and my family and I have. The only time any of us went to a big center was when I needed urgent cervical spine neurosurgery, something that was not available at our local hospital
what about when that local hospital refuses to treat you for the simple stuff because you had a heart transplant 11 years ago. i needed simple hydration and was made to go to Shands forcing a 3 hour daily drive on my wife...why would I trust them for any care? that was neither friendly nor neighborly and had no true medical basis, in fact it put me at risk.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
What is the basis for the "questionable health care"? Dr. Kelly at Pinellas (for me) and Dr. Zimmerman at Colony (for my wife) have been nothing be great. I've hand left shoulder/hand repair since 6/27 and my wife had knee replacement 12/30 (all 3 with orthopedic surgeon Dr. Joe Tutorino at Florida Hospital in Altamonte Springs) and we've zero complaints about anything.
I can clarify. I feel that if you are healthy or only have minor ailments, the Village hospital and Drs are fine.

If you have severe health issues......move on down the road to a decent hospital and Drs that care. I've never experienced so many Drs who don't know about a disease and don't care to research or find out about it.

The caring good Drs get their experience here....get their foot in the door, and move on. So many Drs leave here shortly after starting. I've started with three different primary care Drs, and within 3 months they were gone.

Any decent care I have received "here" has been with the Cleveland Clinics.

I am aware that this is off topic, I am only responding.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Sage

delete.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

The weather here sure beats the weather we dealt with in the Midwest as we did the majority of our life; tornadoes in the spring/summer and snow/ice/bitter cold in the winter. No comparison in any way, shape or form. We owned a golf course lot in Bella Vista, AR for 8 years and looked at hundreds of floor plans for a retirement home; after doing the lifestyle tour, we came to the conclusion that all there was to do in Bella Vista was play golf and then go home and stare at the walls.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Platinum member

An interesting question.
T.V. Is about 3-5 degrees colder then Tampa, which I enjoy.
I am able to wear a sweater or light jacket here, but don't need
anything that heavy.

Of course Bonita Springs would have a warmer winter.
I wouldn't be able to live that far south because it is a few
degrees hotter.
The sun is also much stronger that far south.
Something to consider.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Platinum member

You might also check out the insurance rates for a coastal
place. Usually much more expensive then here in T.V.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We looked in Ft Myers and loved the climate BUT everything was more expensive.....especially golf. I loved the beaches there but our overall quality of life seemed better here. We have Ben here 4 years and never get bored.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Don't mean to hijack the thread but along the same vein since it has to do with the weather this time of year -

We will be coming down in a couple of weeks for the first time for a winter visit and I'm struggling with what to pack. My better half thinks Florida and just wants to pack shorts, but I'm thinking some warmer clothes may be in order as well. Any suggestions?
Old 01-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Sage

I golfed at 7:30 this morning. It was cold. But it felt great to me now that I have been down here a couple of years. It was like I was in a different part of the country. My guess is that about 200 days are perfect. Now I like the too coold, too hot and too wet days too.

I changed.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

I really appreciate all the input. You've all made me feel that TV is indeed a Community....and left me royally confused about the weather!

What I get is, yes it can be a few degrees cooler some days compared to further south, or it can be the same. Mornings can cold ( 40's) in January/February or it could be in the 60's. Highs could be only in the 50's or the 80's. That sum it up?
Old 01-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
I really appreciate all the input. You've all made me feel that TV is indeed a Community....and left me royally confused about the weather!

What I get is, yes it can be a few degrees cooler some days compared to further south, or it can be the same. Mornings can cold ( 40's) in January/February or it could be in the 60's. Highs could be only in the 50's or the 80's. That sum it up?
I don't think so. Unless you move to a community near the villages. Weather is only part of the total joy of ownership.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:

From the weather channel, zip code 32162

Historical Monthly Avg

high low precip

January
68° 46° 2.94

February
71° 49° 2.87

March
76° 53° 4.23
Old 01-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:

As per my previous post, I can't attest to the weather this time of year, but I can tell you that I have found TV to be a great community. We have, in a very short period of time, made friends with neighbors that feel like we have known for years. Since we are still up north for now, they will even check in on us up here on occasion to ask when we will be down again. You really have to experience it for yourself. The weather will probably become a secondary factor once you do - so many things to do, many almost at your doorstep and wonderful, friendly people. Enjoy your visit and don't be afraid to ask questions when you get there. You will find that most Villagers love to talk about their community.

Obviously I should call one of those neighbors now to ask them about my packing/clothing question.........

Good luck in your search and welcome to TOTV!
Old 01-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
From the weather channel, zip code 32162

Historical Monthly Avg

high low precip

January
68° 46° 2.94

February
71° 49° 2.87

March
76° 53° 4.23
That sound wonderful! Sold! 68 in January..it is paradise. I'll be the most grateful person to ever get there.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
That sound wonderful! Sold! 68 in January..it is paradise. I'll be the most grateful person to ever get there.

But it did drop to 44 overnight. Chilly Nucky, but the sun feels so good.

Tags
weather, florida, bonita, february, 30s, 40s/upper, low, rarely, generally, lows, bundle, prefer, experience, thoughts, residing, december, wearing, shorts, comments, versus, purchase, starting, ending, springs, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.