What's The Weather Really Like at TV?

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
1. Gulf vacations (our favorites) are not the same as living in a place. What is there to do once you've walked the beach and soaked up some needed rays that have to be limited to avoid skin cancer. Go out for supper? That gets old. Sit in a house or condo watching t.v.? Boring.

2. When you actually live here for more than 5-6 months a year, you look forward to the cooler months, especially if you're golfers. And then it's not that cool and it doesn't last long.

3. There are distinct reasons why Florida is the #1 state from which people move to The Villages.

Two days ago in the Lake Sumter Landing Sales Office, on the "Welcome New Villagers" Board listing the closings on new/used home purchases between 12/28 and 12/31, there were 60 couples/persons listed with their states. Twenty-eight (28) of them were from Florida.

Look at the board in the coming weeks, and daily there will be 30-40 closings listed.

Getting a place in TV is a complete no-brainer.
This is a really good point.
We lived in Tampa for 17 years and enjoyed it.
But being retired there wasn't a lot to do.
Too many people and too much traffic and expensive.

I did NOT want to move south because I still don't like the
heat.

We are very happy with decision!
Old 01-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Come rent and off-season and in high season and see for yourself the weather changes from year-to-year last January on certain days it was cold. This January who knows
Old 01-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Default Cooler here, but it's ok

My wife and I had concerns about it being too cold for us when we moved here after 25 years in St. Pete and Sarasota. We've survived here 4 years without it being a problem.

It is currently 55 degrees here, 66 degrees in Bonita Springs. Tomorrow morning it will be 35 degrees here, 50 degrees in Bonita Springs. So that's a big difference, but I would still rather be here.

One other advantage, and this is a bit hard to believe unless you've experienced both, it that it rains about 8 inches less per year here than in Bonita or Sarasota or St. Pete.

Last edited by TomSpasm; 01-11-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSpasm View Post
My wife and I had concerns about it being too cold for us when we moved here after 25 years in St. Pete and Sarasota. We've survived here 4 years without it being a problem.

It is currently 55 degrees here, 66 degrees in Bonita Springs. Tomorrow morning it will be 35 degrees here, 50 degrees in Bonita Springs. So that's a big difference, but I would still rather be here.

One other advantage, and this is a bit hard to believe unless you've experienced both, it that it rains about 8 inches less per year here than in Bonita or Sarasota or St. Pete.
Weather channel has it down to 37 by 6 AM tomorrow, but up to 63 by 2 PM. No need to put up blizzard warnings yet
Old 01-11-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread but along the same vein since it has to do with the weather this time of year -

We will be coming down in a couple of weeks for the first time for a winter visit and I'm struggling with what to pack. My better half thinks Florida and just wants to pack shorts, but I'm thinking some warmer clothes may be in order as well. Any suggestions?
January is typically our coldest month..it may be 80, but it may be 40. We wear our "summer boots" (flip flops) most of the year, but maybe with jeans! Some shorts are a good idea, but definitely plan for cooler temps, for the most part.

This is my signature.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterLover View Post
January is typically our coldest month..it may be 80, but it may be 40. We wear our "summer boots" (flip flops) most of the year, but maybe with jeans!
In Hawai'i we call 'em "slippahs"
Old 01-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

37 here this morning!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

That is actually only 8 degrees below the average low and well above the record low (16).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
37 here this morning!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Big reason I'm not totally sold on TV like my wife is the cold 38F TV..63F here in the Keys....and this seems cold to me
Old 01-12-2016, 09:19 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
Big reason I'm not totally sold on TV like my wife is the cold 38F TV..63F here in the Keys....and this seems cold to me
Very true!! You have to accept the winter morning lows up here.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

We lived in SE Florida for 18 years and got very bored with the weather there. Winters anywhere in Central Florida and South are wonderful compared to the north but the summers are brutally hot.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:33 AM

I believe that question could be answered better.
Winter mild compared to Alaska. Summer mild as compared to las Vegas.
It all depends on what you are used to. What is effecting the weather at any given time and season. The weather changes everywhere you go. So going by the weather reports on line for different places is still only going to help you a little.
Closed Thread

Tags
weather, florida, bonita, february, 30s, 40s/upper, low, rarely, generally, lows, bundle, prefer, experience, thoughts, residing, december, wearing, shorts, comments, versus, purchase, starting, ending, springs, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.