What's your favorite day trip to the beach?

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Bare, how dog-frienly is Flagler? Can they be off-leash? If not, can they go in the water on a leash?
Looks like you've gotta have your pooch on a leash:

http://www.cityofflaglerbeach.com/im...e_for_dogs.pdf

Looks like the dog in the pic is in the water a bit. Nothing specifically mentioned about allowing dogs in the water on a leash.

Bill
Old 03-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Bare, how dog-frienly is Flagler? Can they be off-leash? If not, can they go in the water on a leash?
There is a portion of the lovely beach at Flagler that is designated as "pet friendly". Pets are supposed to be on a leash at all times whether on the beach or in the water. Everyone who uses the pet friendly beach seems to have a dog, and it usually isn't very busy (but I've only been there between October and April). I have often seen dogs on the beach and in the water that are unleashed, and no-one seems to mind. But the rule is to use leashes.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
There is a portion of the lovely beach at Flagler that is designated as "pet friendly". Pets are supposed to be on a leash at all times whether on the beach or in the water. Everyone who uses the pet friendly beach seems to have a dog, and it usually isn't very busy (but I've only been there between October and April). I have often seen dogs on the beach and in the water that are unleashed, and no-one seems to mind. But the rule is to use leashes.
The "official" rule in Jax Bch is dogs on beach before 9am and after 5pm and on a leash at all times ..... the "locals" rule on the south end of the beach is; if your dog is well behaved it is ok to let them off the leash, however, if someone walking a lil antisocial yappy dog on a leash is coming, put yours back on until lil antisocial yappy dog is gone by.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
The "official" rule in Jax Bch is dogs on beach before 9am and after 5pm and on a leash at all times ..... the "locals" rule on the south end of the beach is; if your dog is well behaved it is ok to let them off the leash, however, if someone walking a lil antisocial yappy dog on a leash is coming, put yours back on until lil antisocial yappy dog is gone by.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:51 PM

Thank you all for sharing!

Last edited by Dafoe; 03-25-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: this was the wrong thread I logged onto!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Default Thanks!

These are great ideas! Thank you all for sharing!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.