what's your thoughts on this

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2019, 09:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Real Impact

The real impact for charging to sit in the Square's which were open to all regardless of living status now push towards a "pecking order" in the village's and the amount you pay for services is where you are in the pecking order. As far as the money goes does not mean anything to me. To know some would like to see the tree lighting can't because in a few years it will only be available to ability to pay. That is sad! This is absolutely a major change and the birth of a whole new way of living in the villages and future buyers should recognize these types of additional expense have taken the first step towards where you can afford the changing way of costs of living here.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
The real impact for charging to sit in the Square's which were open to all regardless of living status now push towards a "pecking order" in the village's and the amount you pay for services is where you are in the pecking order. As far as the money goes does not mean anything to me. To know some would like to see the tree lighting can't because in a few years it will only be available to ability to pay. That is sad! This is absolutely a major change and the birth of a whole new way of living in the villages and future buyers should recognize these types of additional expense have taken the first step towards where you can afford the changing way of costs of living here.
No one is making anyone pay to see this. It is STILL free, and everything you got for free last year, will still be available for free this year.

They are charging for FOOD, DRINKS, and seating under a canopy at a table for crying out loud. You have to pay for that already now, so that isn't changing either.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
If I were to save a seat (and I can’t see why I would) I’d either turn it upside down (probably not allowed) or stack them and sit on the stack (probably not allowed) or.... (definitely not allowed!). However, I prefer to get along with my fellow Villagers so I would not say to them, “No, you can’t take that seat.” Talk about being antisocial.
If you turned the seats upside down then you could get 4 people on each chair. Just Sayin! Problem solved!
Old 11-18-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
No. Will become a Pandora's Box!!!
Maintain first come first served.

How is this proposal any different than saving seats on the square? It isn't!!!
I agree with first reply:

BS!
another Village rip off
Old 11-18-2019, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingdog View Post
another Village rip off
Just so I know before we move there, what are the other Village's rip offs?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-18-2019, 09:44 PM

I think this is simply a plan by TV to make more money. I think the plan is abhorrent. Why take a nice holiday event and make it accessible to people that have more money than others. The joy of Christmas is sucked right out of the whole idea. I would never pay to attend this event and probably at this point wouldn’t pay if it was free.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky& View Post
I think this is simply a plan by TV to make more money. I think the plan is abhorrent. Why take a nice holiday event and make it accessible to people that have more money than others. The joy of Christmas is sucked right out of the whole idea. I would never pay to attend this event and probably at this point wouldn’t pay if it was free.
The 50 VIP Seats have been sold out. So if you're going to the tree lighting on the 30th, you have to sit in the free grandstands or one of several hundred free folding chairs, or in the chair you brought from home, or in your golf cart, but not the VIP tent.

If you see this VIP tent tucked in between the grandstands, it's sold out, so sit somewhere else. BTW, the profits go to Charity, not the TV as you say.

The Villages Florida
Old 11-18-2019, 09:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

‘All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. A proclamation by the pigs who control the government in the novel Animal Farm, by George Orwell.’

(Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself.)
Old 11-18-2019, 10:15 PM

Horrible idea - who benefits from the $ collected? Prices also excessive - they just light the tree, no big name Savannah center entertainment either.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:16 PM

I never complain about The Villages and I get upset when people do complain, but for the first time I have to say I don't like the idea of even suggesting for paying to see the tree lighting. I've been living here for 10 years and every year the tree lighting on all the squares is a delightful event. Why put a price on it now?? It don't make sense because you can see the tree lit any other night. Please don't allow this.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene36 View Post
Horrible idea - who benefits from the $ collected? Prices also excessive - they just light the tree, no big name Savannah center entertainment either.
Read post #82, it's a couple before yours. It will explain it all.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpuleo View Post
I never complain about The Villages and I get upset when people do complain, but for the first time I have to say I don't like the idea of even suggesting for paying to see the tree lighting. I've been living here for 10 years and every year the tree lighting on all the squares is a delightful event. Why put a price on it now?? It don't make sense because you can see the tree lit any other night. Please don't allow this.
Sorry, they can't accept your money, the VIP seats are sold out. Read post #82, it will explain it all.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
No one is making anyone pay to see this. It is STILL free, and everything you got for free last year, will still be available for free this year.

They are charging for FOOD, DRINKS, and seating under a canopy at a table for crying out loud. You have to pay for that already now, so that isn't changing either.

That post sums it up. 'Nuf said. Time to close this tread.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Just so I know before we move there, what are the other Village's rip offs?
Why ask..... you know more than most.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The 50 VIP Seats have been sold out. So if you're going to the tree lighting on the 30th, you have to sit in the free grandstands or one of several hundred free folding chairs, or in the chair you brought from home, or in your golf cart, but not the VIP tent.

If you see this VIP tent tucked in between the grandstands, it's sold out, so sit somewhere else. BTW, the profits go to Charity, not the TV as you say.

The Villages Florida
There is no charge to see the Christmas Tree Lighting at any of the three squares in The Villages. There is a "VIP Tent" in Brownwood, that you can pay to sit and have drinks and part of the money goes to Charity. BUT IT IS SOLD OUT. Quell rumors. Squash gossip. Use common sense.

Tags
seating, access, tickets, free, promised

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.