what's your thoughts on this

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2019, 06:43 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Just so I know before we move there, what are the other Village's rip offs?

By far the biggest Village's rip off: Once I got only one pickle on my cheeseburger.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There is no charge to see the Christmas Tree Lighting at any of the three squares in The Villages. There is a "VIP Tent" in Brownwood, that you can pay to sit and have drinks and part of the money goes to Charity. It is sold out. There is NO charge to see the Christmas Tree lighting at any of the three squares in The Villages. The entertainment business that runs these things was sold to a private individual four years ago.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Why ask..... you know more than most.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
That's an easy one...... it's their seats not yours! They can save seats and you can't. You can still go. There is still a free option (paid for by selling seats) for others. Takes a crane, 2 trucks, 5-6 guys, and 2 nights to set up and decorate the tree. Wonder how much that costs...... nobody posts asking that! Thank you Entertainment Dept.
What happened to my reply talking about how Harold Schwartz is rolling over in his grave at the thought of charging for extra privilege? At least provide a response rather than refuse to publish my reply.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobet View Post
What happened to my reply talking about how Harold Schwartz is rolling over in his grave at the thought of charging for extra privilege? At least provide a response rather than refuse to publish my reply.
Wow! CWGuy now has capability to add or delete posts?
Old 11-19-2019, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Wow! CWGuy now has capability to add or delete posts?
One of my many powers!

But I only use it in positive ways...... not like "Underdog"
Old 11-19-2019, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

What happens if you pay for the seats appetizers and drinks and it's pouring rain that night?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
What happens if you pay for the seats appetizers and drinks and it's pouring rain that night?
Te table and chairs are under a tent.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Ask the people that paid for the 4th. of July VIP section. I think it rained that night.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobet View Post
Harold was cremated.

Last edited by bagboy; 11-19-2019 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Wrong emoji
Old 11-19-2019, 10:26 AM

I've been coming to the Villages since 1982,when my parents bought a singlewide mobile home in OBG. I tore that mobile home down in 2016 and built a house on the lot. I chose to stay in OBG because I believe its one of the prettiest sections of The Villages. The town square entertainment has always been free up to now. Selling seats and table space is a way for the entertainment dept. to recover expenses. As long as there is still a free option, I see no reason to complain about the more affluent citizens of The Villages living a lifestyle that is more ostentatious than most others. LOL After all, I can remember when the most elaborate house in the villages was Mr. Swartz double wide on the corner of Aloha and Tarrson and people complained that it took up 2 lots. Some people will always complain. it's human nature.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoe505 View Post
I've been coming to the Villages since 1982,when my parents bought a singlewide mobile home in OBG. I tore that mobile home down in 2016 and built a house on the lot. I chose to stay in OBG because I believe its one of the prettiest sections of The Villages. The town square entertainment has always been free up to now. Selling seats and table space is a way for the entertainment dept. to recover expenses. As long as there is still a free option, I see no reason to complain about the more affluent citizens of The Villages living a lifestyle that is more ostentatious than most others. LOL After all, I can remember when the most elaborate house in the villages was Mr. Swartz double wide on the corner of Aloha and Tarrson and people complained that it took up 2 lots. Some people will always complain. it's human nature.
Well said, puts it all into prospective...…..
Old 11-19-2019, 11:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down The Point IS

The point is this is an attempt to get incremental revenue or revenue that is new and was not a part of the prior revenue streams. Now think of the many ways the Developer, Commercial Business, Vendors, Rental's ,etc etc..can and will use this route as needed. Now consider the many avenues available to increase year to year new revenue 's? (.g. pool usage, seats at squares, parking, new fines, internal categories of the Amentie fees, taxes, etc etc). These are under the authority of either the Developer, Various Gov't (Both Village and State)amd business. As an example the current incremental revenue for the Christmas Tree is being assigned to the owner of the Entertainment Vendor although it can be assumed the Developer will receive some, etc. In addition the current revenue streams will be increased as a basis for covering on going costs. A potential serious concern is the lack of control or influence the residents have in any of the decisions regarding "Village" impacts. Just opinion I personally believe using a religious line item which is more for children than adults and should be viewed as such before making it harder for some to have equal enjoyment and making it more comfortable with tent and location.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoe505 View Post
Worth reading again.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:33 PM

One way to stop this is, don't attend. The tree will be there many nights and I'll see it when I don't have to pay. If enough people stop attending and don't buy tickets, it will send a big message to those in charge.
Closed Thread

Tags
seating, access, tickets, free, promised

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.