What’s the story of these houses?

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Perhaps I don't understand your meaning of "fair price".

I would expect them to drive hard bargains. It isn't a baby game and it isn't the government wasting money. It is free market negotiating.

Gary Morse lived for years just north of 466 in the Morse compound where his second wife Renee still owns the property and it can be found on sumterpa.com. When his first wife became very sick with cancer they lived in the Cottages near Lake Sumter Landing since it was all on one floor. Gary Morse died in Europe where he sought treatment for his cancer about three years ago. Harold Schwartz, Gary Morse's father lived in Hickory Head Hammock near Spanish Springs. Gary Morse's sister still lives and runs the old family business in Brownwood, Michigan still making and selling home made donuts and running the little store there. She has visited The Villages often but still prefers rural Michigan. This from a guest in our home who knew the Morse family in Michigan when she was young.(And speaks highly of them)

Who mentioned the government; where did that come from?

Please refer to Post #29. Gary Morse did not live in any Morse compound.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
That isn't where Gary Morse lived when he was alive.
He didn't live in his own compound; he lived in a development of many homes.
The people who are listed as owning the property shown in the pictures above are named Beucher. That is who the owners are in sumterpa.com. I have never heard that name before.

Gary Morse did live in the area north of 466 and between Morse and Buena Vista. He lived in The Villages, just as his children and many grandchildren do.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-16-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
There is no question that the Morse family must be good negotiators, but I don't believe for a minute that the words "fair price" has ever been part of their vocabulary.
LOL Any real estate transaction has a buyer and a seller. As long as neither has a gun in their hand, the price they agree on is a "fair price"

There is another side to the story, many big time developers use surrogates when buying property because if their name leaks out suddenly the price gets jacked up.

As far as I know, the Morse family buys their land the old fashioned way, by making an offer. If seller does not agree, they don't sell.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson
He didn't live in his own compound; he lived in a development of many homes.
I did not post that it was formally Gary Morse's home, what I posted was, it is probably part of the Morse Compound. I believe they own 2700 acres in the center of TV, north of 466 and east of Saddlebrook softball fields and the polo field.

When Gary Morse was alive, his name was on 893 Southshore Lane in the Lake Shore Cottages, I believe there are 53 homes in that section. I stayed for a week there on our Lifestyle Visit in 2011, it's secluded, quiet but very close to the square. It's due east of the LSL Sales Office, they're the homes you see to your right as you cross the Morse Bridge southbound. 893 is now listed as being owned by Renee Morse. It was orginally sold in 2010 for $750K to H. Gary Morse, that's it circled in red on the map below.

The Villages Florida

Sumter County Property Appraiser
Old 12-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

ALL,
In post #17 I posted the info from the Sumter County GIS, this indicates different owners for at least 4 of the plats that I checked, I did not check beyond that. So IMHO, it might be difficult to get all of the owners to agree to a buy out. This area does appear to have direct access of 466, and I am sure GC access could be arranged. Guessing, but from Google maps, it looks like some if not all of the necessary infrastructure was put in place.
I think it was mentioned before, this was around the time of the bubble bursting in the housing market, so I am guessing that is what caused the initial problems, and the current owners got the properties by default.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

Many years ago we noticed these homes and went and peered in the windows. At that time there were price stickers in the windows. I remember thinking that it was no surprise they could not sell these homes. They are really not very big and the price was the same as they wanted in TV for similar size. Why live there when you can live in TV?
There currently is a sign up on 466 that gives the impression they are going to build there
Old 12-16-2017, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Many years ago we noticed these homes and went and peered in the windows. At that time there were price stickers in the windows. I remember thinking that it was no surprise they could not sell these homes. They are really not very big and the price was the same as they wanted in TV for similar size. Why live there when you can live in TV?
There currently is a sign up on 466 that gives the impression they are going to build there
I missed the sign. Is it near the hotel? Or is it in the space where they sell strawberries and stuff in between the hotel and the real estate building? A sign has been there for ages.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:28 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
My point exactly. Op has yet to explain his actions.
Explain his actions? I think he already did. Took photo from his plane of 4 houses. Got curious and drove to see them in person. No gate, open road, took some more photos of empty houses and left.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Explain his actions? I think he already did. Took photo from his plane of 4 houses. Got curious and drove to see them in person. No gate, open road, took some more photos of empty houses and left.
Exactly.

It's strange seeing folks, who actually think there's something wrong with that.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Chain.... no chain. Sign.... no sign. It ain't my property. It ain't my house. My ass has no right to be there and my nose has no right to be pressed up against the window taking pictures. It belongs to somebody and that somebody ain't him!

Is there any part of that that anyone needs explained better? Maybe (IMHO) the OP needs to get a job or get a hobby!
The first part of his post seemed tongue in cheek. He went on to explain there were no barriers. No need to get so excited. Haven't you checked out a house under constuction? No harm, no foul. BTW, he has a hobby, flying.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
The first part of his post seemed tongue in cheek. He went on to explain there were no barriers. No need to get so excited. Haven't you checked out a house under constuction? No harm, no foul. BTW, he has a hobby, flying.

No. I don't trespass! Thanks for asking.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I do try to follow the rules as Coleman prison doesn’t look like a pleasant place to stay. However, it’s sometime difficult to follow even the simple rules found on this forum site to not have your post deleted.

It sure looks like any other public road that you would find in TV except no gates. Maybe I should not have peered in the window to take a picture as I have done many other times looking at houses for sale.

Every so often I do kid in such a way that only my brother would understand my joke. I broke no lock! I will try to be more definitive in the future. Everyone have a very good holiday season, wish that this property someday is successfully utilized and enjoy our time in TV.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 12-17-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=graciegirl;1491133]I missed the sign. Is it near the hotel? Or is it in the space where they sell strawberries and stuff in between the hotel and the real estate building? A sign has been there for ages.[/QUOTE

Yes Gracie in that location. These signs looked different but as I age my memory fades also.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Risk and Reward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Maybe this is where the next several weeks of The Blacklist will be filmed. Nice job TPK. Sooner or later that will be part of The Villages.

Reminds me of that entire development in Southern Florida called Lehigh Acres. A whole lot of broken hearts and sad stories for sure, I hate when that happens to anyone. I was begged to go into several deals in Punta Gorda after the storm wiped the place clean. I declined because it just didn't feel like a good thing to do. The people who did snag some deals made a small fortune but like they say money isn't everything. Bad luck came at them all in ways that couldn't be imagined. Sad. Some people make money on others misfortune on a regular basis, some choose not to.
Generally true “no risk, no reward”. Money isn’t everything but like someone once said—it’s just ahead of whatever is in second place!
Old 12-17-2017, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I do try to follow the rules as Coleman prison doesn’t look like a pleasant place to stay. However, it’s sometime difficult to follow even the simple rules found on this forum site to not have your post deleted.

It sure looks like any other public road that you would find in TV except no gates. Maybe I should not have peered in the window to take a picture as I have done many other times looking at houses for sale.

Every so often I do kid in such a way that only my brother would understand my joke. I broke no lock! I will try to be more definitive in the future. Everyone have a very good holiday season, wish that this property someday is successfully utilized and enjoy our time in TV.
You are our eyes in the sky and terra firma is OK by me too. Don't let a couple of curmudgeon posts deter you. You are much appreciated.

Closed Thread

Tags
what’s, picture, houses, story, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.