What’s the story of these houses?

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default What’s the story of these houses?

I took this picture last year and then was going to ask about these four abandoned houses located north of 466 and south of the Polo fields. I don’t believe anything has changed since the picture was taken. What’s the story?

Dropbox - IMG_5667.JPG
Old 12-14-2017, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

According to Google earth pro, these houses were not there 12/2008 and were there 12/2010.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:55 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

I suspect some developer or contractor bought the area and then built these 4 spec houses only to go bankrupt or something.

Sometimes there is an advantage in being the first buyers because they choose the lots they want. yet there is also the risk that the developer may go bankrupt, and those first buyers are left isolated in the area.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Veteran member

This was supposed to be a development called VILLAGE PARK ESTATE HOMES but except for those 3 partially built homes and the water system in the NW corner of that section, it never made it.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:36 AM
Veteran member

What a shame.
It has all the ingredients for being a very nice area and the infrastructure is already there.
I'm surprised Morse hasn't tried to buy it or if he has (my guess is he has tried), he probably wanted to steal it!
Old 12-15-2017, 08:32 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

A google search isn’t helping me much about what took place between 2008 through 2010 on this Village Park Center housing development. I did find “GetMoreOffers.com - Flat Fee MLS Listings › Homes For Sale › Florida › Sumter county
Browse through The Villages MLS Listings and Sumter county homes for sale. ... The following MLS-Listed properties are located in The Villages, Florida. .... VILLAGE PARK CENTER at Hwy 466 & NE 62nd Terrace, The Villages, Fl.INDEPENDENT OF THE VILLAGES yet right in the heart of it's main Commercial Corridor ...

and a link to this dead end->Homes for sale in the VILLAGE PARK ESTATE subdivision | the villages, FL Real Estate

It’s about like a Chernobyl happened with everything remaining as it was after the event happened. It does look to be prime land to build on. I wonder what event took place and why nothing has changed?

Those living in The Villages during that time, do you remember what happened?
Old 12-15-2017, 08:49 AM

Very interesting. I’d imagine that land would be quite valuable. Can’t believe it’s just sitting there.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
A google search isn’t helping me much about what took place between 2008 through 2010 on this Village Park Center housing development. I did find “GetMoreOffers.com - Flat Fee MLS Listings › Homes For Sale › Florida › Sumter county
Browse through The Villages MLS Listings and Sumter county homes for sale. ... The following MLS-Listed properties are located in The Villages, Florida. .... VILLAGE PARK CENTER at Hwy 466 & NE 62nd Terrace, The Villages, Fl.INDEPENDENT OF THE VILLAGES yet right in the heart of it's main Commercial Corridor ...

and a link to this dead end->Homes for sale in the VILLAGE PARK ESTATE subdivision | the villages, FL Real Estate

It’s about like a Chernobyl happened with everything remaining as it was after the event happened. It does look to be prime land to build on. I wonder what event took place and why nothing has changed?

Those living in The Villages during that time, do you remember what happened?
Please don't say Chernobyl. It will set people off.

My guess is that the property is available for sale and those who would be interested are not interested in paying what it is priced at. So the sellers are waiting and the buyers are moving on.....................

That is how I shop. How about you?
Old 12-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Checked out Tradition in Port St Lucie in 2008. A developer had a large piece of land designated to be a 55 and over community. Four or five structures were built to represent the models to choose from. They looked like a home from the outside but were totally unfinished on the inside. They sat there all alone as the developer went bankrupt. The plan originally was to tear them down as the project advanced. Later that year saw the same thing at a WCI development in Sun City Center.

Could be the same story in twoplanes' photo. Anyhow, 2008 was a bad time for homebuilders in Florida, because the euphoria was still fresh when the crash hit. That's what is and still is amazing about The Villages; the developer has a visioned long term plan that that takes the risk out of buying and provides a future with little worry.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chi-Town; 12-15-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:04 PM
Platinum member

After breaking the lock on the chain across the road and ignoring the “No Trespassing Signs”, I was able to take the pictures of these houses per you request.
The houses have brick driveways, tile roofs and the insides are complete.

Actually, you can drive the roads with ease as there are no gates and didn’t see any “Private Property or No Trespassing “signs. And, no "For Sale Signs"

Outside of houses
Dropbox - IMG_0039.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_0040.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_0046.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_0047.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_0049.JPG

inside ->
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0hbk395ow..._0044.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kj54353kgq..._0045.JPG?dl=0

Not sure my new Canon T7i picture is that much better than my old T2i that is going to my grandson. Oh well.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 12-15-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:42 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

If there is a foreclosure or a bankruptcy, it can take forever and forever to cut through the red tape before releasing the property for sale. We once tried to buy a foreclosed property but after six months, we gave up and bought elsewhere. If you want to know who currently holds title, check land records. But if there is no address, then you will need to check the plat map book.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
After breaking the lock on the chain across the road and ignoring the “No Trespassing Signs”, I was able to take the pictures of these houses per you request.
The houses have brick driveways, tile roofs and the insides are complete.

Actually, you can drive the roads with ease as there are no gates and didn’t see any “Private Property or No Trespassing “signs. And, no "For Sale Signs"

Outside of houses
Dropbox - IMG_0039.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_0040.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_0046.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_0047.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_0049.JPG

inside ->
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0hbk395ow..._0044.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kj54353kgq..._0045.JPG?dl=0

Not sure my new Canon T7i picture is that much better than my old T2i that is going to my grandson. Oh well.
0047 used to be a sales office. You can tell from the doors on what would be a garage door when sold.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Maybe this is where the next several weeks of The Blacklist will be filmed. Nice job TPK. Sooner or later that will be part of The Villages.

Reminds me of that entire development in Southern Florida called Lehigh Acres. A whole lot of broken hearts and sad stories for sure, I hate when that happens to anyone. I was begged to go into several deals in Punta Gorda after the storm wiped the place clean. I declined because it just didn't feel like a good thing to do. The people who did snag some deals made a small fortune but like they say money isn't everything. Bad luck came at them all in ways that couldn't be imagined. Sad. Some people make money on others misfortune on a regular basis, some choose not to.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
What a shame.
It has all the ingredients for being a very nice area and the infrastructure is already there.
I'm surprised Morse hasn't tried to buy it or if he has (my guess is he has tried), he probably wanted to steal it!
So really now, what you're saying that if you were trying to buy it, you would throw copious amounts of money after land, a home, a business, a vehicle, etc., etc. and try not to steal it? I thought so. Quit throwing shade at the developers.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Gold member

Believe they were started by a developer who died in an accident. Guess his business folded up and nothing further has been done.
Closed Thread

Tags
what’s, picture, houses, story, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.