When a Golf cart is on the golf path...

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 06:22 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

~~~
Old 04-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
It's about courtesy Some have it...sadly most here don't ...walk alert expect the unexpected

Bingo.

Law this, Law that. Rule this, Rule that. Enjoy the journey, slow down, drive defensively and use a little courtesy.

Can entitled be used in this tread??
Old 04-02-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Bingo.

Law this, Law that. Rule this, Rule that. Enjoy the journey, slow down, drive defensively and use a little courtesy.

Can entitled be used in this tread??
Amen bro!
Old 04-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
One of my pet peeves with walkers, who have literally miles of safe places to walk in the Villages, who MUST walk in the diamond lane going south on Paige Place just past St. Timothy’s Church. I’m in a golf cart watching for cars coming up from behind me on my left, may have the sun in my eyes, and you suddenly round the curve there coming at me in my lane and refuse to budge. ������ I of course slow down, but I have no where to go. Please try to be cognizant of this when you’re out walking. Thanks.

Works both ways. One of my pet peeves with GOLF CART drivers is while walking on the MULTI-MODAL PATH crossing Stillwater in either direction (but worse going north) there is a blind curve and the carts take the turn sometimes so fast it looks like they are on 2 wheels. If you walk on the CORRECT side you can get sideswiped by the cart or side view mirror (happened to me) coming around the blind curve or if you walk on the wrong side they scream at you for not walking on the PROPER side. In any case they need to use a BRAKE coming around the curve and not accelerate and slow down as it only takes 1/4 of a brain to see it is a blind curve and JUST MAYBE someone may be "sharing the path" (especially in the mornings).
Old 04-03-2020, 04:53 AM
Default Walking...

I try to walk everyday - something that is in my control. I also make it a habit to walk facing the traffic so that I can see & respond to what may be coming my way. Golf car, vehicle or bike - I get out of the way regardless. Just seems to make sense to me.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
....and a person is walking towards them, should that person or persons go up on the grass and allow the golf cart to remain on the path, or should the golf cart go into the street and allow the person or persons to remain on the golf path ? I could be mistaken , but many a time the person will remain on the golf path forcing me to go into the car lanes, often having to wait till traffic clears to do so and puts me at risk for an accident, when all can be avoided if they allowed me to continue on the golf path. What are your opinions .....
Having attended 2 golf cart seminars, the answer is for the golf car to move out of the multi modal lane.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:11 AM

To the person thinking walkers should move out of your way when you approach in a golf cart, you are mistaken. Pedestrians have the right away when walking in a proper lane or crosswalk if no sidewalk is available. Check the Florida law. The proper and courteous thing for a cart driver to do is slow down and yield to the walker.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
To the person thinking walkers should move out of your way when you approach in a golf cart, you are mistaken. Pedestrians have the right away when walking in a proper lane or crosswalk if no sidewalk is available. Check the Florida law. The proper and courteous thing for a cart driver to do is slow down and yield to the walker.
Otherwise, see post #7
Old 04-03-2020, 05:18 AM

Those so called golf cart lanes are in fact officially called multimodal paths. As implied by the name, they are to be used by many modes of transportation. Where there are no sidewalks provided walkers have the right of way over all other modes of transportation and in fact the golf cart has the lowest level of right of way. If they can safely go into the traffic lane they may and should do so. If they can't they need to slow or stop until they can do so.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:19 AM

First of all they are not golf cart lanes. They are also for bicycles, walkers, and joggers. Yes if someone slower than a golf cart is in the lane then it is like passing a car you move into the car lanes. Stop being so stupid and enjoy this wonderful community. You are old a d not willing to adapt.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:27 AM

In Spanish Springs there are no sidewalks except in the square. What were they thinking when they built??? The should be a cat lane, bike lane and sidewalk.... with enough room not to run in to eachother.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:30 AM
Veteran member

Pedestrians have right of way on the multi-modal paths, which include the diamond lanes. Hit one, and you will become intimately familiar with the criminal justice system. The alternative is we all get nailed for the expense of designing, installing and maintaining sidewalks.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyLife View Post
Having attended 2 golf cart seminars, the answer is for the golf car to move out of the multi modal lane.
Not on a street with a sidewalk. When sidewalk exists(on either side) pedestrians have no right to be in any part of the street. except at designated crossings.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I've also seen folks jogging in the golf cart lanes on the streets (with a sidewalk adjacent to them) and wondered why they weren't using the sidewalk....

I just figured that they were the very same people that sit out in the left lane driving at exactly the posted speed limit just because they can

either they're naturally quirky, or they just get their jollies out of demonstrating that they can 'assert themselves'
Old 04-03-2020, 06:02 AM

Yes, if and when possible. Golf carts are faster than pedestrians.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, path, person, cart, remain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.