Any regrets

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Default Any regrets

Any regrets from anyone that they live in the Villages. I see some who come from the Northeast. How are you feeling the heat? I know how hot it gets there. When my husband and I were there a few times, we loved the idea of golf carts, the pools for adults (no children) unless you go to the family pool, the squares, and the many clubs and activities that one can join.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:32 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
Any regrets from anyone that they live in the Villages. I see some who come from the Northeast. How are you feeling the heat? I know how hot it gets there. When my husband and I were there a few times, we loved the idea of golf carts, the pools for adults (no children) unless you go to the family pool, the squares, and the many clubs and activities that one can join.
Nope. Awesome to live in The Villages.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:39 PM

I like your response.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

The heat is okay if you stay out of the sun. The current weather in the shade or if cloudy is quite tolerable. No regrets
Old 09-27-2017, 01:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Love it glad I made the move in 2009. No matter how hot it gets I don't have to shovel. If I want to see white I'll order a beer or go watch the surf at the Ocean. Oh yea and I can afford a GREAT life style.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:17 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

No regrets.

Wish I had one or two in order to make my response more credible. I'll try really hard to find one.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:19 PM

We miss nothing about the northeast. Old, cold and dirty. Political sewer, otherwise a nice place for someone else to live of visit.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:14 PM

I have regrets. That is the reason I sold last week. A year after I bought my home I went to the Rohan dedication and heard the Village rep say " this is the last rec center we will ever build. Then the next year, Fenny popped up. Then information about the land purchase near Wildwood. Then in 2017 the deal with Leesburg for another 8000 homes. Then I saw where Morse family was selling homes in Fenny for as little as $161,000. With another 22,000 homes coming on in the next 2 years I figured unless you owned for 5 yrs or more you would always compete with the builder forever. Put the home up August 1, sold it, and now rent for 4 months a year for a lot less than owning. Owning here is not inexpensive, no matter what the powers at be tell you. Some of us aren't as rich as many folks here. I guess if you sell a home in the East for big money, prices here are reasonable, but not for a middle class guy from Ohio. No, I enjoy visiting here, but wish I had not purchased. I'd be about 10 grand ahead if I had only rented.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
I have regrets. That is the reason I sold last week. A year after I bought my home I went to the Rohan dedication and heard the Village rep say " this is the last rec center we will ever build. Then the next year, Fenny popped up. Then information about the land purchase near Wildwood. Then in 2017 the deal with Leesburg for another 8000 homes. Then I saw where Morse family was selling homes in Fenny for as little as $161,000. With another 22,000 homes coming on in the next 2 years I figured unless you owned for 5 yrs or more you would always compete with the builder forever. Put the home up August 1, sold it, and now rent for 4 months a year for a lot less than owning. Owning here is not inexpensive, no matter what the powers at be tell you. Some of us aren't as rich as many folks here. I guess if you sell a home in the East for big money, prices here are reasonable, but not for a middle class guy from Ohio. No, I enjoy visiting here, but wish I had not purchased. I'd be about 10 grand ahead if I had only rented.
You LOST "10 grand" on the sale of your home here? Or in Cincinnati to come HERE? Or on renting here?

And I think your regrets are the continued building of new homes? Or the lower prices in Fenney possibly because for a time Fenney will be away from the "Mainland"?

I am confused about what caused you to regret buying here but brings you back here for a good part of the year?
Old 09-27-2017, 03:29 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You LOST "10 grand" on the sale of your home here? Or in Cincinnati to come HERE? Or on renting here?

And I think your regrets are the continued building of new homes? Or the lower prices in Fenney possibly because for a time Fenney will be away from the "Mainland"?

I am confused about what caused you to regret buying here but brings you back here for a good part of the year?
There are so many things wrong with FR's post. I started to reply and my reply got sucked into the confusion vacuum.

To the OP................we have all kinds down here, just like any place with a +100,000 population.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Hey you go girl!
Old 09-27-2017, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
I have regrets. That is the reason I sold last week. I enjoy visiting here, but wish I had not purchased. I'd be about 10 grand ahead if I had only rented.
There are obviously some people who are moving out, there are many resale houses for sale.
Of course lots of people are upsizing or downsizing, but remaining in The Bubble.
Fred, you have an interesting perspective, and I wish you well.
I figure if we had rented for six months for the last ten years ( in high season) we'd be in the poor house by now.
For the most part, it seems that Villagers can't stop congratulating each other for making a smart move.
We love it in The Villages.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:02 PM
Platinum member

Folks...FredR gave his OPINION. He responded based on his own experience. Don't take it personally. There is nothing "wrong" with his post. Everyone doesn't have to agree. Good luck, FredR.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

My wife and I have zero regrets. We are originally from NJ and lived in Michigan as well. We don't miss anything about living up north. True the summers are very hot and humid, but I can go outside 365 and enjoy being outdoors. You learn to adjust your activity level, and just remember that 10-2 are usually the hottest parts of the day. The pools are quite refreshing! When the winter weathers came while we were up North, especially when it got below zero, going outside was not anywhere near the top of my list. "Snow" (and actually "work") are now 4 letter words in my vocabulary.

Truly this is a personal decision as there are people who regret moving south and being away from their immediate family. If you have grandchildren, this might be a factor in your decision as there are people who have sold their homes and returned 'home'.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Regrets, I have a few. But this Ain't one of them. The bright flame of TV'S enthusiasm flickered for a moment after the storm but were back at full blast now. I think we should regret we didn't tell the kids we were moving. Mrs. Nucky not so much!
Closed Thread

Tags
regrets, pools, adults, join, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.