When should I schedule my Warranty Inspection...?

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2018, 05:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default When should I schedule my Warranty Inspection...?

Hello all. Over the years I have very much enjoyed meeting many of you and doing your Warranty Inspection.

I am always being asked, "When should I schedule my new home Warranty Inspection?

The OLD answer that is no longer true is months ahead of time because Frank gets booked solid months ahead of time. No longer really true.

As many of you know, my two sons have joined me in my business, and often the three of us show up at your home together. This has allowed us to still do a great inspection and get done a bit faster. While one of us is on the roof, the other one is inspecting your A/C system, while the other one is perhaps checking the inside of your electrical panel box. More eyes and brains inspecting your home.

Before when I worked all by myself my inspection typically took at least 3-4 hours. Now we can do a great inspection in less time with more of us at your home at the same time.

With the boys helping me I have been able to take less days off so we have been able to do more inspections in a week than before.

The boys have been a great addition to the business and we love working together. They join the business with great experience and younger, sharper eyes.

Of course we ALWAYS recommend that folks call us early and do not wait to the last day when your warranty expires.....the earlier you call the more openings you have to choose from so we can fit the inspection to YOUR busy schedule.

The boys love to work, and because they lighten the load for me, we do our very best to never turn down an inspection and we will always do our best to get your inspection done when you need it.

While we always have some inspections booked MONTHS ahead of time...please do not assume we are too busy to do your inspection. Today someone spoke to me saying that they wanted us to do their inspection, but assumed we were too busy (based on old Talk of The Villages posts) and booked up, so they settled on someone else. I was shocked to find out that we lost their business based on old, outdated information.

We do recommend that even though the warranty department will accept our inspection report right up to the last day of your warranty, (and we turn it into them so you do not have to do anything) I think the "sweet spot" to do the inspection is 2-4 weeks before your warranty expires.

Calling us at least a month ahead of time is of course the best idea, but we will do whatever it takes to accommodate your inspection needs.

In a nutshell, a few years ago when it was just me, I did schedule less per week and got booked up quicker. Now that my business has been upgraded with the addition of my two sons and myself, that is no longer the case.

We consider it an honor to do your Warranty, Punch list and "new buyer" inspections

Respectfully, Frank D'Angelo and Sons
Old 01-19-2018, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,241 Posts

As a post script, Frank does a great job, and I highly recommend him.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

Looking forward to our inspection at the end of May. After hearing good things about Frank’s work, I scheduled the inspection shortly after our closing at the end of June.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:20 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you for the kind words VT.....you're the best.

We also look forward to seeing you in May Bruce.....always feel free to reach out to us with any questions between now and then, and of course after......

Respectfully, Frank

Tags
inspection, warranty, time, business, ahead

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.