When are we Re-opening?

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2020, 03:37 PM

Maybe by the "Last Plan" means the last plan in the Covid 19 guidelines. Once guidelines are lifted, no more plans. Everything back to normal! (Hoping)
Old 05-30-2020, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvercane View Post
There is not a vaccine "around the corner". This is not going to be fixed or cured anytime soon. And if they announced today that a vaccine is ready. THERE IS NO WAY I'M STEPPING UP AND TAKING IT. We accept those who died and do the best we can to put our lives back together. I'm not going to live in fear of death
Death just perked up its ears.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron View Post
Clearly you do not understand how the COVID19 virus spreads. You participate in a group. You have an asymptomatic person with the virus in the group. You catch the virus. You feel fine but are now shedding the virus. You go shopping or out to eat. You infect someone that decided not to participate in the outdoor activities. They get sick.
Will this happen every time? Of course not. But if your inability to delay gratification can result in even one stranger catching the virus and dying I question your choice. I do not think a game of paddleball or basketball is potentially worth someone’s life, so I choose to not take the risk. But I can still be at risk if you ignore the pandemic. You actions and choices effect the community, not just you.
I do understand your fear. Perhaps some facts can soothe you.

Statistically, catching the virus is no big deal. Being in the high risk group and catching the virus can be a big deal. But we have almost total control over whether we catch this virus. Just don’t participate.

If they open everything back up totally, including stadiums and concerts, the vulnerable are at no higher risk unless they attend the game or concert. Making everyone else miserable does not make you safer. In fact, the ultimate fact that has always saved mankind is herd immunity. That’s where so many people have recovered and are then immune that the few who are at risk are safe because there are no more carriers if the virus.

Paddleball and basketball pose no threat to anyone unless they themselves play.

I hope this can make some people feel better.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomo443 View Post
Guessing we won't get Market night back any time soon, if at all.
Why not? It is an outdoor venue.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON10E View Post
You may not be happy to know that the federal government has the authority to physically stick a needle into your arm and give you a vaccine shot.
No way! Not buying it.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:41 PM
Default Seasonal flu vaccine is not very effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
The quarantine has been hard on everyone.

For me nothing will change until there is medicine or a Vaccine that is effective.
Have you been staying home because over 45,000 Americans have died from seasonal flu even though there is a vaccine? We will never be free from the possibility if disease and no vaccine will be 100% effective.
Closed Thread

Tags
open, plan, fully, facilities, event

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.