Anyone From WA State Area?

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Arrow Anyone From WA State Area?

I'm just curious if anyone is from the Washington State area as I am and would like to meet you

Thanks,
Trish
Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Sage

Suburban Seattle - Norcal.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Sage

Where are you from? I have some friends from Sequim. They lived in TV but now live in the Orlando area. They are going to eventually move back to TV though, if the good Lord is willing.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:10 PM

We are from Port Orchard, WA. Don't live there full time yet. Hope to some time next year. We are leasing a house for a year and will buy next year. We are back in WA now, waiting for summer to show up. Maybe sometime next month. We are boaters and want to spend our last summer doing as much sailing as possible.

Jim and Marlene
Old 06-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Sage

My friends are just arriving back in Washington for the summer rtime. Welcome to Talk of the Villages. I hope you get in many, many days of safe and memorable sailing. Fair winds and following seas.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Sage

This land lubber wants to know what a "Following Sea" is and why it's good for sailing?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Sage

It means good luck and is a blessing. Following sea means currents or a sea in which the waves move in the general direction of the heading.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Default Bellingham

Hi,
I grew up in Bellingham. Last 25 years in Portland. We have quite a few friends from Vancouver area here.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:37 PM

Great to hear there is some people from WA and OR living here. We spent 21 years in PDX before moving to PO in 07. We have been sailors for 30 years and wanted to get the sailing experience of sailing in the Puget Sound and Islands.
That experience has been great but we want warm weather now and FL is the place. Having lived in FL before there will be no surprises. The picture of the boat on the post is when we lived on PDX. Its up by Lemon Island.

Jim and Marlene
Old 06-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtime View Post
Great to hear there is some people from WA and OR living here. We spent 21 years in PDX before moving to PO in 07. We have been sailors for 30 years and wanted to get the sailing experience of sailing in the Puget Sound and Islands.
That experience has been great but we want warm weather now and FL is the place. Having lived in FL before there will be no surprises. The picture of the boat on the post is when we lived on PDX. Its up by Lemon Island.

Jim and Marlene
Jim and Marlene, By PDX, do you mean the Portland area? Went there 3 years ago for the first time to visit my cousin who moved there in 1970 from Chicago. Beautiful area. First we spent 3 days in Seaside, OR in July. My cousin told me to buy a sweatshirt as the daytime temps. probably would not get above 70. I thought she was kidding -- she wasn't. Then spent 3 days in Hood River, OR. We drove about 5,000 feet up Mt. Hood. People were still sking and snowboarding on Mt. Hood in mid-July. Loved the waterfalls in the parks driving from Portland east to the Hood River area. Bought some great wine in the Hood River area -- lots of wineries in that area. Beautiful Cascade Mountain range. Makes Illinois look like a a flat pancake. Love the mountains in summer, but I probably would not like them in the winter.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Yes that is the Portland area. Hard to beat this area for the different conditions you can run into. Cool west of the Cascades and hot east. If it too hot in Portland go to the coast. If its not sunny go to Mt. Hood and be above the clouds or head further east and be sunny and warm. Most people here get real antsy if the temp gets about 75-80. Not real warm here today. The temp right now is 65.

Jim and Marlene
Old 06-12-2011, 08:44 PM

we just got back to TV last week after visitng my brother who just moved to Port Orchard last year. He is a boater as well and relocated for the great boating. He keeps his boat at the railroad marina. I also went knitting at A Good Yarn Shop and had great Pattymelts at Jimmy Dees. Very beautiful little town
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM

We keep our boat at the marina by the ferry dock. It is a nice little town. We moved up here from Portland OR and enjoy the small town feel. Close to every place you want to visit by car or ferry. But the issue is for us in now the weather. We can't wait to get to TV. You can't beat the summer up here, but then you have the winters. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Jim and Marlene
Old 06-15-2011, 05:08 PM

Have been enjoying this warm weather for past 8 yrs. Previous to here would be N. Seattle area.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Arrow

Thanks everyone for responding
Does anyone know if there is a Washington State club?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.