Voice Coach

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Default Voice Coach

Does anyone know someone here in The Villages who would give voice (singing) lessons to a Villager (me) who absolutely lacks any semblance of talent, but who has always wanted to sing? I feel somewhat foolish asking this question (it's like the old adage about trying to teach a pig to sing), but this is something I've always wanted to do, and maybe (just maybe) I have some small smidgeon of talent that the coasch could discover. I'll appreciate any assistance.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Default Tone Deaf Choir

The Lifelong Learning College offerred a course called 'Tone Deaf Choir' which started in Janurary. The time of the course didn't work for me so I didn't take it. The blurb on the course starts with 'Have you been told you "can't carry a tune in a bucket"?' Hopefully it will be offerred again and we'll be in the same class Dancerbill.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Sage

Thanks for the question and response. I need the class too! I can't carry a tune from here to the next room, but that'll never stop me from singing.

Don't worry, I don't sing in public... oh, except when someone says something that reminds me of a song and I softly break out.

Which reminds me, "There's nothing you can sing that can't be sung..."

Sorry.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:06 AM

dancerbill,

I have always wanted to take singing lessons as well. I can carry a tune just fine, but I keep hoping I could learn how to get more out of my voice (which is pretty weak). I wish someone would come up with a name.

Fingers crossed,

Barb
Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerbill View Post
Does anyone know someone here in The Villages who would give voice (singing) lessons to a Villager (me) who absolutely lacks any semblance of talent, but who has always wanted to sing? I feel somewhat foolish asking this question (it's like the old adage about trying to teach a pig to sing), but this is something I've always wanted to do, and maybe (just maybe) I have some small smidgeon of talent that the coasch could discover. I'll appreciate any assistance.
I voiced the same desire to my smart aleck daughter who answered. "If I were you, I'd visit Lourdes."

Gracie. Operatic shower singer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.