Where is 2BNTV?

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Gold member

How about Boomer. Had over 2600 posts and then went silent right after TOV changed ownership.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Platinum member

How about Bill of "the BillnBrillo comedy team? He hasn't posted anything in ten minutes.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Sage

Wrong-o, Tom............it's been less than 10 minutes!

Bill
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Wrong-o, Tom............it's been less than 10 minutes!

Bill
Well Bill, you know what they say. "You are only as good as your last post." or something like that.

Jim
Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPete View Post
Well Bill, you know what they say. "You are only as good as your last post." or something like that.

Jim
....or I'll only appear as dumb as my last mis-statement! Woo-hoo!!

Bill
Old 05-02-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
....or I'll only appear as dumb as my last mis-statement! Woo-hoo!!

Bill
I know the feeling. Sometimes I try to keep my mouth shut so I won't sound like a idiot but then I open it anyway.

I think we may have hijacked the thread, sorry.

Jim
Old 05-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Cyberbullying is legally serious. I worry about the treatment of Happinow and can't forget how she was treated. I also worry about others. Although Florida has no cyberbullying laws, people can hire a lawyer and proscecute on their own whether cyberbulling is a law or not.

I have had concerns about the bullying allowed on TOTV since the new adminstrator(s) took ownership. For the old timers here, you will remember how the previous administrators banned those who bullied. I think they knew their liability.

Cyberbullying on TOTV needs to stop...and perpetrators need to be banned....period!

It's been implied by a very popular poster that my personality has been "tagged" (not exact words but implied). Not sure how I'm interpreted by others but I'm not here to be negative and I apoligize if you perceive me as such.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Veteran member

I also worried about Happinow's treatment. She definitely was bullied, as was I recently. I, however, fought back and the bullies appeared to back down. I recognize that not everyone is of the personality that will strike back when attacked. I find that unfortunate.

The goal of TOTV's bullies is to have the victim back down and withdraw from posting. Typically, TOTV bullies attack anyone who has anything negative to say about The Villages. While The Villages is a wonderful place and was a beautiful concept, it does have it's flaws. I do enjoy my times here (or anywhere), but desire full disclosure before deciding whether or not to relocate here. As others have done, I am doing a lot of homework/research before deciding where to relocate. Raising unpopular issues and asking questions will continue to bring out the bullies. It won't stop me from doing so. Even with its flaws, it may yet end up being the best of my choices. Time will tell, and I've got time to make my decision.

I do hope Happinow decides to come back to TOTV. Just because someone says something mean or nasty, it doesn't mean that others believe that view of you . Fight back. Don't withdraw. Don't be silenced! You don't have to make friends with these people. Ignore the ignorant. I also agree that the Administrator could be stronger in his statements against these bullies.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopz View Post
Cyberbullying is legally serious. I worry about the treatment of Happinow and can't forget how she was treated. I also worry about others. Although Florida has no cyberbullying laws, people can hire a lawyer and proscecute on their own whether cyberbulling is a law or not.

I have had concerns about the bullying allowed on TOTV since the new adminstrator(s) took ownership. For the old timers here, you will remember how the previous administrators banned those who bullied. I think they knew their liability.

Cyberbullying on TOTV needs to stop...and perpetrators need to be banned....period!

It's been implied by a very popular poster that my personality has been "tagged" (not exact words but implied). Not sure how I'm interpreted by others but I'm not here to be negative and I apoligize if you perceive me as such.
You're cool
Old 05-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey View Post
I also worried about Happinow's treatment. She definitely was bullied, as was I recently. I, however, fought back and the bullies appeared to back down. I recognize that not everyone is of the personality that will strike back when attacked. I find that unfortunate.

The goal of TOTV's bullies is to have the victim back down and withdraw from posting. Typically, TOTV bullies attack anyone who has anything negative to say about The Villages. While The Villages is a wonderful place and was a beautiful concept, it does have it's flaws. I do enjoy my times here (or anywhere), but desire full disclosure before deciding whether or not to relocate here. As others have done, I am doing a lot of homework/research before deciding where to relocate. Raising unpopular issues and asking questions will continue to bring out the bullies. It won't stop me from doing so. Even with its flaws, it may yet end up being the best of my choices. Time will tell, and I've got time to make my decision.

I do hope Happinow decides to come back to TOTV. Just because someone says something mean or nasty, it doesn't mean that others believe that view of you . Fight back. Don't withdraw. Don't be silenced! You don't have to make friends with these people. Ignore the ignorant. I also agree that the Administrator could be stronger in his statements against these bullies.
I have noticed a pattern where one of the, ahem, "senior" posters will start a thread and when someone asked a question or disagrees, one of her "nice guys" will strike. Anyone notice the other day when we were told only to respond if we lived in TV? Hopefully if/when I decide to move to TV I'll have better things to do that sit in front of a PC all day.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Sage

I too miss 2B and Happinow. Hope all is well with each of them.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Administrator

If you see any 'bullying', as we have asked in the past please be a part of the solution and click the red triangle on that post and it will be sent to us for review and appropriate actions.

Many don't realize there are over 100,000 visits per month and 1,500,000 page views per month on TOTV. It is impossible for the admin and moderators to see everything and at the instant it happens. There are multiple people that work to read, monitor, and address everything possible. In March alone there were 12,971 new posts just in the month of March. By and large the vast majority of those are informative and positive and many friendships have been formed as a result of TOTV.

For those who missed our recent post, your comments need to be directed at the topic and not the user. Any post that is not directed at the topic is subject to removal and account infractions and suspensions issued against your account. We don't want a few users to ruin the positive experiences of the vast majority.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.