Where to buy furniture?

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Default Bring your favorite sticks and antique furniture...

Work new pieces to you from the many consignment stores around TV...Bargains and Treasures, Neerly New, yes, Habitat for Humanity...
and one toward Summerfield I can't remember the name. In general,
there is a 300 per cent mark up on furniture. And higher on that made
in China. Southern Lifestyles furniture can all be found on the Internet
and often at less cost and free delivery. The consignment stores also
have interesting and eclectic art to go with your sticks if that is needed.

Your lanai will either have a covered or not covered roof. Lanai implies a
roof, but not always, birdcage generally means open. You will need all
weather furniture for it. If you are looking for a particular type of
furniture piece, you can also ask on here. Probably best to place the
pieces you are bringing and love, and then fill in with occ. pieces. Have
fun, I love the nesting part, too.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Sage

Bought many of my items from a direct middleman. Same exact furniture as you could get most stores near TV. The price was just over 60% of the same (exact) pieces at Showcase Direct. A little bit of a pain to track the guy down but well worth it in the end.

Also bought a great leather couch and recliners from the Leather Center on 441.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodie View Post
Hi all. We are planning to build and are in need of some info on where to buy furniture that delivers to The Villages. Would like suggestions other than the one in The Villages which I believe was called Southern Lifestyles. We don't mind driving a little to get what we want. Thanks for your help.
Thanks Rodie for asking the same question I was going to ask. Our closing is in Jan. and we do not have any furniture either, as we are not taking any of ours from CT. We looked rather quickly at both of the Villages furniture stores when we were there in Nov to buy, and I really wasn't wowed by anything, but we had very little time at both of the stores. Now I am having nightmares on not having any furniture when we get there. So at least Southern Lifestyles will lend us a bed, I found out by reading these posts. So I will go on line at a few of thee places and see what they have.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Sage

What you may not know about Showcase furniture. Everything they sell in not in the showroom. If you know what you want tell them and they can show you their catalogs.

The floorplans they had were wonderful. I made changes to my selections because I realized a piece was either to big or too small for the room.

It will be delivered the day before we close, so all we have to do it put the bed linen on and we are good to go!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayBavillager View Post
Thanks Rodie for asking the same question I was going to ask. Our closing is in Jan. and we do not have any furniture either, as we are not taking any of ours from CT. We looked rather quickly at both of the Villages furniture stores when we were there in Nov to buy, and I really wasn't wowed by anything, but we had very little time at both of the stores. Now I am having nightmares on not having any furniture when we get there. So at least Southern Lifestyles will lend us a bed, I found out by reading these posts. So I will go on line at a few of thee places and see what they have.
maybavillager - i don't know how your schedule is planned - but before our closing we arrived in the villages about 4 days before our closing and stayed in one of the motels on 441/27 near spanish springs. we went furniture shopping during those days and had all of the basics delivered on the day of closing. kent furniture was absolutely great about getting the living room and bed delivered and set up for us - the headboard, dresser and nite tables arrived later from another store, as did the guest room and dinette set. if you can find the time, this might work well for you, too.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Sage

the first two weeks we were there we started with nothing but a box and mattress. Got a few pieces at a time after that.

It was like camping!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
the first two weeks we were there we started with nothing but a box and mattress. Got a few pieces at a time after that.

It was like camping!
Before we moved fulltime, we called our furniture our flop house decor.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Default buying furniture at Southern Lfestyles

Purchased a house three years ago and purchased a number of things from Southern Lifestyles. They will match any price,plus deliver and set up free.Also will give you 5% discount. Ask for Jeff Tutin,very helpful.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractorman View Post
Purchased a house three years ago and purchased a number of things from Southern Lifestyles. They will match any price,plus deliver and set up free.Also will give you 5% discount. Ask for Jeff Tutin,very helpful.
Not exactly true - I found some furniture in their catalogs and then found a price through an independent middleman (no showroom) who was able to deliver the same furniture for almost 40% less. Called them back and they told me there was no way I could get that same exact furntiture for that price. They wouldn't match.

Got the furniture from the independent guy and was very satisfied.

Note: I actually found the guy on craigslist and was skeptical but it worked out great. I didn't pay him a dime until he delivered, set it up and we were satisfied with the product.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Default furniture

If you can't go to High Point N.C. try Rooms to Go in Ocala.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Sage

Trust Russ to come up with a great idea; wish I known how to do that when we were in a furniture-buying mode.

My Southern Lifestyles story: We found a bedroom set we liked at a store in Boca Raton. The mfg. was having a 50% off sale at the time. So we asked Southern Lifestyles to match the price, since they advertise that they will "meet the competition." They took the catalog numbers, verified the sale price, and agreed to match it,. However, their quote was $500 higher. When I asked why, they said that was for "delivery" since that's what it would cost to deliver from south FL to The Villages, if we bought it in south FL. Never mind that they would order it from the mfg.'s warehouse somewhere up north.

So I called Babette's, who agreed to match the price and charge $0 for delivery. Obviously, Babette's got the order.

We thought Southern Lifestyles idea of "meeting the competition" was interesting.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Sage

I think they didn't match since my guy didn't really have a 'store'.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 AM

We bought a lifestyle preview program designer home and it came fully furnished by Southern Lifestyle Stanley Cottage Edition. When we bought obviously it was as is. I found a few wooden items that needed some minor repairs. I called the Southern Lifestyle repair services and a absolutely wonderful gentleman came out and went way beyond expectations to repair the cocktail table. I showed him a nightstand with issues and he had someone pick it up and it came back newer then new. They did not charge me for the house call and charge me only $50. to repair the night stand. Last week we went outside TV to buy a recliner and a sleeper sofa. They ordered the sofa and delivered the leather recliner that was $1200. After spending about on hour in the recliner my husband decided that he really wasn't that comfortable in it so he called Babettes to return it. They charged us $250. to return it which is no problem as we understand that it was in our home and now it is used. The sales person insisted that he take the money from the recliner and apply it to the sofa. We did not agree to that as the recliner is in our living room and the sofa will be in my husband's office so that is two different accounts. One personal and one business. They would not agree and therefore cancelled our sofa order and told us that we will not tell them how to run their business. We are shocked that a sales person could do that and he has sent us numerous emails with rude tones. I would stay away from them as there are way too many other choices.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.