Where to buy a new driver!

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Platinum member
Default Where to buy a new driver!

My brother in law is visiting and wants a new driver but has no idea what he wants. Where is a good place to go with lots of selection and a place to demo various brands? Thanks
Old 07-25-2013, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
My brother in law is visiting and wants a new driver but has no idea what he wants. Where is a good place to go with lots of selection and a place to demo various brands? Thanks
There is a place called Jim's Golf Shop in the Target Plaza on 441 (reachable by Golf Cart). It's a small shop but has a lot of clubs at reasonable prices. The owner (I think) is a very knowledgeable guy. Their hitting area is small but big enough. We just bought 2 new drivers and 2 new 3 woofs there and were very satisfied with the clubs we ended up with, the price, and the service.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Default Driver Purchase

Go to Arnold Palmer Driving Range. There is a building that houses a store that sells clubs. You can try out any that you would care too. When you find one you like you can leave a deposit and take the club out for a trial round or two. Go on line to compare prices to see if you are getting a fair buy.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyvillager View Post
Go to Arnold Palmer Driving Range. There is a building that houses a store that sells clubs. You can try out any that you would care too. When you find one you like you can leave a deposit and take the club out for a trial round or two. Go on line to compare prices to see if you are getting a fair buy.
Great advise. My son-in-law wanted clubs to start playing golf so I gave him my old Calloway golf clubs and went to of all places Dicks to buy a replacement set. Well with the new set I couldn't hit a straight shot or get any distance at all. I went to Sarasota on Morse and got a club fitting analysis for $50. Turns out I bought the type of clubs at Dicks (with the pros advice) that were totally wrong for my swing. I traded in my clubs on a new set of clubs that the analysis said I should use. Now I am a happy golfer again. By all means try the clubs out before you commit to them.

Last edited by MikeV; 07-25-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Gold member
Talking

At Palmers Custom Shop, you get to sign out club for 3 days to try it. In fact you can sign out a set of clubs to try. Nothing like using the real thing, on the golf course, any where in TV!!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

America's Golf - on Bichara Blvd close to Winn-Dixie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.