Where did the Covid19 virus originate?

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
It's pretty clear to the world of science that the novel virus started in a Chinese "wet market" Have you ever been in a wet market in an Asian country? I have. It's pretty disgusting to my Western sensibilities. I thought the chickens killed to order were disgusting, then saw a cage with some kind of badger in it, waiting to die for some strange diet. I never saw any bats or civets (whose butchering has also been responsible for novel viruses from China in the past), but am not surprised that people eat them. The world needs to wake up and put pressure on China to end this barbaric practice. The Chinese could at least separate the stalls that kill and butcher these wild animals to avoid the obvious cross-contamination that occurs there.
Showed pictures of bats in cages, I doubt they were being sold as pets.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:07 AM

Genomic Study Points to Natural Origin of COVID-19

Genomic Study Points to Natural Origin of COVID-19 – NIH Director's Blog
Old 03-29-2020, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Remember the link between other primates, (monkeys) to HIV. Here is an article about that;

HIV Originated With Monkeys, Not Chimps, Study Finds
Old 03-29-2020, 08:45 AM
Default origin - covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
Hmm... you're suggesting a novel, deadly virus originating "supposedly" from Wuhan, China hits our shore, infects many thousands, kills many hundreds and "no one (in the US) knows for sure"?

Sorry, but you're terribly naive in your thinking. I absolutely guarantee people in certain places in our government have unequivocally determined whether this is a man-made biological weapon released from the Wuhan Institute of Virology (China's only Level-4 Bio-Weapons Laboratory). If we were under a biological attack from an adversary, there would have been a military response, both domestically and against our new adversary. The naive suggestions that we don't ascertain the threat and origin until a "potential" attack is over is just...well...uninformed.
Im thinking about writing a book - here is a synopsis: Large Communist Government want to be world leader. They devise a plan to introduce a deadly virus to their own people at the height of a New Year celebration. Millions are infected but show no signs of sickness for weeks. Once the NY celebration is over the infected people travel all around the globe returning to homes, visiting friends and family carrying the virus unknowingly. The Government understand that many of their citizens will die from the virus but they calculate that they could sacrifice millions and still have billions of citizens remaining. The virus infects millions and millions around the globe killing thousands. It a Pandemic that puts the large government as the leader of the world.

People have been eating bats for thousands of years - why is this happening now?

Fiction or non fiction - thoughts?
Old 03-29-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Remember the link between other primates, (monkeys) to HIV. Here is an article about that;

HIV Originated With Monkeys, Not Chimps, Study Finds
Even more interesting is this report from 1998 which details that a saved sample from a Bantu who died in the 1950's tested positive for HIV. This shows how a virus can be around for a long time then with a combination of a minor genetic change and opportunity it suddenly becomes wide spread. You might note the name of the expert who commented on this study for the article. Some guy named Fauci.

Since this 1998 report the back tracing of HIV has moved the timeline to earlier in the 20th century. If you are stuck on your couch and want to read a very detailed study with lots of diagrams and figures.. Origins of HIV and the AIDS Pandemic

You will see that both monkeys and apes were vectors of transmission to humans of slightly different strains of the virus. Ain't science great!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	HIV.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	83322  
Old 03-29-2020, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

Where this virus originated really doesn’t matter at this point. The fact is that it is here. It is killing people and many villagers aren’t taking it seriously. That puts us all at risk. The pools are closed, the town squares should be too in my opinion. We can all make a difference simply by staying home.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcgowan View Post
Im thinking about writing a book - here is a synopsis: Large Communist Government want to be world leader. They devise a plan to introduce a deadly virus to their own people at the height of a New Year celebration. Millions are infected but show no signs of sickness for weeks. Once the NY celebration is over the infected people travel all around the globe returning to homes, visiting friends and family carrying the virus unknowingly. The Government understand that many of their citizens will die from the virus but they calculate that they could sacrifice millions and still have billions of citizens remaining. The virus infects millions and millions around the globe killing thousands. It a Pandemic that puts the large government as the leader of the world.

People have been eating bats for thousands of years - why is this happening now?

Fiction or non fiction - thoughts?
Either way, I think you’d have a bestseller on your hands and probably end up with a series on Netflix.

I wrote a detailed analysis on this a few days ago and sent it out to my email list. Can’t post it here ,in full, as some of the content would not pass muster with the Moderator and I try to respect the TOS. My email, while informed, would be judged too provocative and speculative.

I’ll summarize here, in sanitized form. (no pun intended). There’s evidence of some bio-engineering, the NIH blog posted earlier notwithstanding. The question is … was the Wuhan virus released accidentally or deliberately? Your emerging novel, as cited above, takes the latter course.

I would just say this. Focus on the cost/benefit tradeoff. It’s gigantic.

The CCP is a communist totalitarian entity, where Judeo-Christian ethics are both irrelevant and perhaps more a source of amusement. CCP concludes take a few thousand domestic casualties now, & suffer from short term economic damage but the benefit it you literally shut down the USA … something no enemy in history has ever even come close to. Plus, there's going to be permanent long term impacts of this on our country with specifics still very much TBD. The CCP's strategy horizon is decades out, maybe even a century. America's horizon is much shorter term.

Anyway, if the CCP leadership took this course, it’s because they realized that the gravy train trade policies of prior Western leaders was coming to an end, and likely to stay that way. Hence, they felt the need to act.

FWIW, I still think the most likely explanation is an accidental release, not deliberate.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:34 AM
Default Where did it originate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
China, like 95% of all the rest.
Irrelevant now. Do you realize that the so-called "Spanish flu" almost certainly didn't originate in Spain and may have originated in Kansas!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2020, 09:59 AM

What I can't figure is how Iran's top political ministers came down with the virus so early on, in Jan/Feb? Were they involved in the original acquisition of the virus and made mistakes handling it?
Iran health minister gets coronavirus, locals allege Tehran cover-up
Old 03-29-2020, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Not clear where, or how, you got the notion of a conspiracy theory ... it's simply an Italian TV news story from five years ago that seems relevant.
I don’t agree or disagree with anybody. I assume we’re all guessing unless you work as high up as the president & he or anyone else knows exactly where it came from or how to cure it.Or they would have the cure by now & know where it came from for sure. To many people are doubting everything we were told to do because a lot of people are out running around like it’s just a headache, except for getting food for themselves! Stay the hell home!!!!
Old 03-29-2020, 10:16 AM
Default Virus

I feel it was lab-created and then infected people in China. The question now is, was it intentional??? I would not put it past China!!! They kill their own brothers and sisters!
Old 03-29-2020, 10:19 AM
Default Natural Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Did the virus emerge “naturally” or was it at least, in part, the product of a lab experiment gone wrong? No one knows for sure. Presumably after all this blows over, we’ll have a variety of investigations to answer this and other questions.

In the meantime, here’s a pertinent news story from Italian TV circa 2015. It’s quite interesting.

You are being redirected...
According to an article I read, it's been determined through analysis of the virus' DNA that the virus is a naturally occurring one and not man made.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I don’t agree or disagree with anybody. I assume we’re all guessing unless you work as high up as the president & he or anyone else knows exactly where it came from or how to cure it.Or they would have the cure by now & know where it came from for sure. To many people are doubting everything we were told to do because a lot of people are out running around like it’s just a headache, except for getting food for themselves! Stay the hell home!!!!
Good advice. Best thing to do now is stay home, especially with the virus refugees relocating to FL from NYC & NJ especially. It's inevitable the risk will spike here in TV in next week or two as a result.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve32162 View Post
According to an article I read, it's been determined through analysis of the virus' DNA that the virus is a naturally occurring one and not man made.
Yes, I've read those articles. Actually, I hope they're right and my theory is wrong. Pretty sobering implications militarily and otherwise, especially if evidence of deliberate release. I still think it was accidental ... ie mainly through stupidity & bureaucratic incompetence.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:47 AM

Great...normal meat, vegtables, and fruit is not enough...I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwolf1 View Post
The Corona Virus has been closely examined by the CDC and scientists have determined without doubt that this virus is naturally evolved. There is no gene splicing nor are there any lab generated anomalies to this Virus. It has most certainly manifested itself through Chinese consumption of Horseshoe Bats, the source of this virus.
Closed Thread

Tags
virus, variety, answer, we’ll, questions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.