Where did the Covid19 virus originate?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-28-2020, 01:33 PM
TexaninVA's Avatar
TexaninVA TexaninVA is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Village of Largo
Posts: 2,753
Thanks: 428
Thanked 878 Times in 306 Posts
Default Where did the Covid19 virus originate?

Did the virus emerge “naturally” or was it at least, in part, the product of a lab experiment gone wrong? No one knows for sure. Presumably after all this blows over, we’ll have a variety of investigations to answer this and other questions.

In the meantime, here’s a pertinent news story from Italian TV circa 2015. It’s quite interesting.

You are being redirected...
  #2  
Old 03-28-2020, 02:14 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,566
Thanks: 4,333
Thanked 4,862 Times in 1,661 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Did the virus emerge “naturally” or was it at least, in part, the product of a lab experiment gone wrong? No one knows for sure. Presumably after all this blows over, we’ll have a variety of investigations to answer this and other questions.

In the meantime, here’s a pertinent news story from Italian TV circa 2015. It’s quite interesting.

You are being redirected...
It is my opinion that the new virus started as a cross over from animals as many genetic changes in viruses do. Whether it was something engineered in a lab doesn't matter now. It is too late to talk about whether it was a plot or not. That ship has sailed. We can spank somebody as soon as we save the patients lives. We are needing all efforts to follow the rules of the medical experts and we can cypher out how it started later. I am not much for conspiracies that would shoot the conspirer in the foot or heart for that matter.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #3  
Old 03-28-2020, 02:35 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 8,114
Thanks: 3,786
Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,192 Posts
Default

China, like 95% of all the rest.
  #4  
Old 03-28-2020, 02:53 PM
TexaninVA's Avatar
TexaninVA TexaninVA is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Village of Largo
Posts: 2,753
Thanks: 428
Thanked 878 Times in 306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is my opinion that the new virus started as a cross over from animals as many genetic changes in viruses do. Whether it was something engineered in a lab doesn't matter now. It is too late to talk about whether it was a plot or not. That ship has sailed. We can spank somebody as soon as we save the patients lives. We are needing all efforts to follow the rules of the medical experts and we can cypher out how it started later. I am not much for conspiracies that would shoot the conspirer in the foot or heart for that matter.
Not clear where, or how, you got the notion of a conspiracy theory ... it's simply an Italian TV news story from five years ago that seems relevant.
  #5  
Old 03-28-2020, 03:02 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 43,378
Thanks: 3,941
Thanked 1,463 Times in 1,042 Posts
Default

Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)

A good source of information.
  #6  
Old 03-28-2020, 04:18 PM
Moderator's Avatar
Moderator Moderator is offline
TOTV Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22,089
Thanks: 18
Thanked 591 Times in 202 Posts
Default

Several posts have been removed due to political references. The thread topic is the origin of the virus. Any post with political references or undertones will be removed.

Moderator
  #7  
Old 03-28-2020, 05:52 PM
Madelaine Amee's Avatar
Madelaine Amee Madelaine Amee is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Villages North
Posts: 3,996
Thanks: 922
Thanked 769 Times in 259 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Did the virus emerge “naturally” or was it at least, in part, the product of a lab experiment gone wrong? No one knows for sure. Presumably after all this blows over, we’ll have a variety of investigations to answer this and other questions.

In the meantime, here’s a pertinent news story from Italian TV circa 2015. It’s quite interesting.

You are being redirected...
Excellent article in The New Yorker: "From Bats to Human Lungs", the Evolution of a Coronavirus

By Carolyn Kormann
March 27, 2020

Excellent article worth finding on line.
__________________
A people free to choose will always choose peace.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  #8  
Old 03-28-2020, 06:25 PM
B767drvr B767drvr is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 599
Thanks: 189
Thanked 241 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Did the virus emerge “naturally” or was it at least, in part, the product of a lab experiment gone wrong? No one knows for sure. Presumably after all this blows over, we’ll have a variety of investigations to answer this and other questions.

In the meantime, here’s a pertinent news story from Italian TV circa 2015. It’s quite interesting.

You are being redirected...
Hmm... you're suggesting a novel, deadly virus originating "supposedly" from Wuhan, China hits our shore, infects many thousands, kills many hundreds and "no one (in the US) knows for sure"?

Sorry, but you're terribly naive in your thinking. I absolutely guarantee people in certain places in our government have unequivocally determined whether this is a man-made biological weapon released from the Wuhan Institute of Virology (China's only Level-4 Bio-Weapons Laboratory). If we were under a biological attack from an adversary, there would have been a military response, both domestically and against our new adversary. The naive suggestions that we don't ascertain the threat and origin until a "potential" attack is over is just...well...uninformed.
  #9  
Old 03-28-2020, 06:40 PM
TexaninVA's Avatar
TexaninVA TexaninVA is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Village of Largo
Posts: 2,753
Thanks: 428
Thanked 878 Times in 306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
Hmm... you're suggesting a novel, deadly virus originating "supposedly" from Wuhan, China hits our shore, infects many thousands, kills many hundreds and "no one (in the US) knows for sure"?

Sorry, but you're terribly naive in your thinking. I absolutely guarantee people in certain places in our government have unequivocally determined whether this is a man-made biological weapon released from the Wuhan Institute of Virology (China's only Level-4 Bio-Weapons Laboratory). If we were under a biological attack from an adversary, there would have been a military response, both domestically and against our new adversary. The naive suggestions that we don't ascertain the threat and origin until a "potential" attack is over is just...well...uninformed.
To the contrary, naive I'm not. I worked 28 years in the three letter agencies, one in particular. I'm confident that this is being tracked down in highly compartmented channels, and based on various intel sources & methods. For that very reason, amongst others, it would not be publicized.

To the extent it’s proven China is responsible, and especially if deliberately unleashed (neither of which has yet been ascertained), it's obviously a potential hot war situation. Extremely delicate to say the least. For that very reason, and thankfully so, cooler heads than yours are prevailing. If, and when, there's a response it will be on our terms and not a rote reaction based on emotion.
  #10  
Old 03-28-2020, 07:23 PM
B767drvr B767drvr is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 599
Thanks: 189
Thanked 241 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Did the virus emerge “naturally” or was it at least, in part, the product of a lab experiment gone wrong? No one knows for sure.
No one knows? Want to reconsider?
  #11  
Old 03-28-2020, 07:41 PM
TexaninVA's Avatar
TexaninVA TexaninVA is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Village of Largo
Posts: 2,753
Thanks: 428
Thanked 878 Times in 306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
No one knows? Want to reconsider?
I think you got my point. I have my opinion on what the preponderance of evidence shows in terms of what's publicly available. The classified evidence available to the US intel community is significantly higher. But they're not going to go around broadcasting it publicly for obvious reasons, nor go off half-cocked.

Another factor is that in most cases in the intel world, you typically don't get 100% proof on anything, but do you at some point have to make the best judgement possible. I'm confident we will when the time is right, and that is for sure not now. For example, two aircraft carriers were taken out of action today due to the virus.
  #12  
Old 03-28-2020, 08:02 PM
B767drvr B767drvr is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 599
Thanks: 189
Thanked 241 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
I think you got my point. I have my opinion on what the preponderance of evidence shows in terms of what's publicly available. The classified evidence available to the US intel community is significantly higher. But they're not going to go around broadcasting it publicly for obvious reasons, nor go off half-cocked.

Another factor is that in most cases in the intel world, you typically don't get 100% proof on anything, but do you at some point have to make the best judgement possible. I'm confident we will when the time is right, and that is for sure not now. For example, two aircraft carriers were taken out of action today due to the virus.
Nearly 4 months after the first novel virus cases erupted in Wuhan... and you're insisting (apparently) that our intelligence agencies are so inept that they can't figure out whether we're under a biological attack or not?

Not sure what to make of you Tex. Are you sure your 3-letter agencies aren't AAA, DMV, FHA? If you have even the most remote affiliation with our intelligence agencies, you wouldn't be pushing the falsehood that no one knows the origination of this virus and whether it is natural or weaponized.

I have interacted with the people that make these sorts of determinations and they would heartily chuckle at your naiveté. (Sorry, just calling it as I see it.)
  #13  
Old 03-28-2020, 08:12 PM
TexaninVA's Avatar
TexaninVA TexaninVA is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Village of Largo
Posts: 2,753
Thanks: 428
Thanked 878 Times in 306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
Nearly 4 months after the first novel virus cases erupted in Wuhan... and you're insisting (apparently) that our intelligence agencies are so inept that they can't figure out whether we're under a biological attack or not?

Not sure what to make of you Tex. Are you sure your 3-letter agencies aren't AAA, DMV, FHA? If you have even the most remote affiliation with our intelligence agencies, you wouldn't be pushing the falsehood that no one knows the origination of this virus and whether it is natural or weaponized.

I have interacted with the people that make these sorts of determinations and they would heartily chuckle at your naiveté. (Sorry, just calling it as I see it.)
I did not say the intel agencies are inept. I said they will not emote in the manner you seem to consistently do. Their job is to provide objective intel to the policymakers (POTUS and others) so they can then determine what to do and when. The real question is whether the altered virus was released through CCP ineptness or deliberately.

If it make you feel better in the meantime, go for it and vent all you want. I'm sure you're calling it as you see it but ... you really don't know what you're talking about.
  #14  
Old 03-28-2020, 08:41 PM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 3,050
Thanks: 1,457
Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,095 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Did the virus emerge “naturally” or was it at least, in part, the product of a lab experiment gone wrong? No one knows for sure. Presumably after all this blows over, we’ll have a variety of investigations to answer this and other questions.

In the meantime, here’s a pertinent news story from Italian TV circa 2015. It’s quite interesting.

You are being redirected...
I think it is very important to find out exactly where and how it originated, but not in an effort to put blame on anyone. It is important so the world can learn and adopt, to help prevent something like this from happening again.
  #15  
Old 03-29-2020, 05:23 AM
Bwolf1 Bwolf1 is offline
Member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Summerhill
Posts: 66
Thanks: 108
Thanked 104 Times in 28 Posts
Default Origin of Corona Virus

The Corona Virus has been closely examined by the CDC and scientists have determined without doubt that this virus is naturally evolved. There is no gene splicing nor are there any lab generated anomalies to this Virus. It has most certainly manifested itself through Chinese consumption of Horseshoe Bats, the source of this virus.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Did the virus emerge “naturally” or was it at least, in part, the product of a lab experiment gone wrong? No one knows for sure. Presumably after all this blows over, we’ll have a variety of investigations to answer this and other questions.

In the meantime, here’s a pertinent news story from Italian TV circa 2015. It’s quite interesting.

You are being redirected...
Closed Thread

Tags
virus, variety, answer, we’ll, questions

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.