Lawn Maintenance and Pest Control costs?

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Default Lawn Maintenance and Pest Control costs?

We are budgeting for a move to the villages. Can anyone tell me what the approximate costs are per month for lawn maintenance and pest control?
Old 05-24-2019, 03:44 PM

Mine run $135/mo for my current small lot, and will be $165/mo for the larger lot I just bought. Includes mowing, pest control, herbiciding of weeds in beds, and lawn fertilization. I use Falcon for both properties. Good luck in your search.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

I just bought a house in TV on an average sized lot. Lawn cutting, bush trimming, edging, weeding is $100 per month. Pest control and fertilization of grass and plants is $50 per month. Termite control is one time $500 and then $25 per mo. Irrigation is looked after by Empty Nest, The Village’s home sitting service.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSsnowbird View Post
Mine run $135/mo for my current small lot, and will be $165/mo for the larger lot I just bought. Includes mowing, pest control, herbiciding of weeds in beds, and lawn fertilization. I use Falcon for both properties. Good luck in your search.
Is the $135 for a patio villa?
Old 05-24-2019, 04:08 PM

Much appreciated! I'm also surprised by the rental rates there. I would like to buy early and rent it out, but after 20% for the property handlers and 20% more for tax and resort, it just doesn't seem possible.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:15 PM
Angry Pest Control Service? Why???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnunny View Post
We are budgeting for a move to the villages. Can anyone tell me what the approximate costs are per month for lawn maintenance and pest control?
Why are you assuming you need a contract for pest control? I know that many residents think the same way but in reality, you probably don't need it unless you encounter a specific problem. Then, of course, you need to take care of whatever the problem is.

I have lived in Florida for decades and never have I had or needed pest control service. We humans really need to take a step back and stop poisoning the environment!
Old 05-24-2019, 04:22 PM

I live in South Florida and DEFINITELY need pest control. Besides the chinch bugs for the lawn and other pests that are bad for it, I find ants and other pests to be a problem without a pest control barrier.

BTW, there are PLENTY of NATURAL Pest Control remedies out there that don't "poison" the environment.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

We have a Designer home and use Falcon, $165 a month for mowing, bug, fertilization, and feeding. When we run into a bug problem between insecticide applications we call Falcon and they come out and fix it.

We needed bug control when we lived in Massachusetts... I can't imagine going without bug control in FL. Of course you can do bug control yourself... but I've found Falcon does a much better job than I would, and after all I am retired

The biggest problem with lawn/bug services is finding one that actually shows up and does a good job. We've had good luck with Falcon for the last five years.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:08 PM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnunny View Post
I live in South Florida and DEFINITELY need pest control. Besides the chinch bugs for the lawn and other pests that are bad for it, I find ants and other pests to be a problem without a pest control barrier.

BTW, there are PLENTY of NATURAL Pest Control remedies out there that don't "poison" the environment.

There are plenty of natural pest control items out there but pest control companies don't use them!

Most residents here have "assumed" they need a pest control service because their friends or neighbors have one. They've never not had a service.

Why would you continually treat your lawn for chinch bugs if you don't have them? There is no natural remedy for chich bugs, only insecticies of one type or another.

Why would you continually use something for ants or roaches when you don't have any, or do you consider one or two an infestation???

If you live in Florida you will always have an occasional bug here and there; it comes with the territory, so to speak.
If you are invaded, then perhaps the problem is not because it's Florida but because of something the home's owner is doing . . . . or not doing!
Old 05-24-2019, 05:23 PM

Just like you get an influenza shot or typhoid shot so you don't have to as preventative, it's the same thing with pests. At least for me. While I will certainly give preference to someone who uses natural, if they don't then I will have them do the lawn as needed and the perimeter will be done with natural by me.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, costs, control, pest, maintenance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.