Where has the Honesty gone at TV golf courses

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2015, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I'm sorry to hear your club was not returned. And also sorry that the usual crew has to get defensive about The Villages and accuse you of being negative. You are not the villain here. Good luck.
And the usual crew support negativity.

I have played with the same pitching wedge for twenty years. It and I have stayed together. Someone loses their pitching wedge and it is the people here who are to blame??? We will never know if it is found, but I bet it will be.

Because it isn't The Villages only, it is the game of golf and the age of most of us. YES there are dishonest thieves among us. But who on God's green earth would want a pitching wedge enough to not return it? I don't know anyone. I don't know anyone who wouldn't return it if it were found by them. Thank God.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:41 AM

Jayhawks. I did not blame anyone for me losing my wedge. If you look at my initial posting the first thing I pointed to was MY BAD. I agree I was at fault, not anyone else for not keeping track of it. Being forgetful is not the same thing as taking something that does not belong to you. Sounds like you think having something in your bag you didn't pay is ok. And Gracie, I certainly will post back on this thread if someone does return it. Not sure why you said we will never know.

Last edited by MrGolf; 04-05-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I'm sorry to hear your club was not returned. And also sorry that the usual crew has to get defensive about The Villages and accuse you of being negative. You are not the villain here. Good luck.
You got that right. I've been on the receiving end of the unusual crew before.
I hope the thief returns your club.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I have had a couple of clubs never show up again (not here). Both were wedges. I am sure they became part of another person's set. So I know how you feel. It's just that the title of your thread may sound accusatory to people who live here.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Sage

WOW - can't believe how so many are beating up the OP over this post. The Villages is a wonderful place, but for pete's sake it is not heaven - there are liars and cheats living there as well as anywhere else in the world. Give the guy a break - he forgot a club - someone probably took it - it's a shame.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
WOW - can't believe how so many are beating up the OP over this post. The Villages is a wonderful place, but for pete's sake it is not heaven - there are liars and cheats living there as well as anywhere else in the world. Give the guy a break - he forgot a club - someone probably took it - it's a shame.
You and I usually look at things the same way. It was the wording and the attitude that bothered me.

How about something MORE like this;

I am a renter here and new to the place and forgot my pitching wedge on the Havana course yesterday. Where would I go to look besides the obvious places; my bag, the starter shack? Is there a central location for lost and found? I checked the course and the starter shack.
Hope someone didn't pick it up and forget to turn it in or worse yet, decided to keep it.

Diplomacy is the knack of telling someone to go to Hell and make them look forward to the trip.

read this.....Ping eight iron---lost i 5 eight iron

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-05-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Platinum member

I did that once and had a sticker on my club with my name, address, and phone number. No call, so I called the starter shack and they had it but had not called. If you haven't already, give that a try. You just have to describe the club.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:58 AM

What in the world does being a renter have to do with anything???
Old 04-05-2015, 09:21 AM
Sage

I was once behind this golfer at the starter shack who appeared to be way over 80 and reminded me of my Irish grandfather. A smart alack that was fun to be with.

Anyway, he asked the starter if they had a lost and found department. The starter said "Yes".

Then he asks if it's any good. The starter said "We do the best we can, Why? Did you lose anything."

He said "Yea, yesterday I lost a Pro V1. Did anyone turn it in?"

I still laugh just thinking about it.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I didn't take it as a slam against TV. I took it as a slam against whomever took the club and anger at himself for leaving it from the very beginning. We all post negatively when upset.

How about folks quit trying to blame MrG? It sounds like he is doing enough of that himself. We all forget things at times. Most of the time, we are able to recover the forgotten item but not always. Don't know about you, but I get seriously upset if I leave something behind while playing bridge and it isn't turned in to lost and found. Let's ignore the tone and give the poor guy some sympathy and advice how he might get lucky (which several have done).

MrG, I think Gracie put the renter line as a way you could show you're relatively new to TV, not as a slam for being a renter. I'm sure you're disappointed in TV since this isn't what you expected from all of the hype and I'm even more sure you didn't expect to get slammed here for posting about the incident. You'll find that most of TV lives up to the hype. People are mostly honest, kind and friendly. Ditto for TOTV. So, on behalf of TOTV, my apologies. I don't think you deserved some of the responses given. Nothing I can say about the individual who took your club other than I sincerely hope it was done by accident and will be returned.

PS. I do think labeling your clubs is a good idea. Certainly can't hurt.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Played Havana today and inadvertently left a pitching wedge somewhere on the course. My bad. The disappointment came when no one turned it in. This is the first time in 60 years of playing that I have lost a club. I have probably found and turned in over a 100 clubs over the years. It is unfortunate that someone obviously picked it up and decided to keep it for themselves. Very disappointed to see this happen.
Good luck with someone turning this in at a later date.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

[quote=MrGolf;1040565]What in the world does being a renter have to do with anything??

I must have missed that you said you were renting, not that it matters, it doesn't.
I'm so sorry for you...for both the club and the rude responses.
I hope you get your club back.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I didn't take it as a slam against TV. I took it as a slam against whomever took the club and anger at himself for leaving it from the very beginning. We all post negatively when upset.

How about folks quit trying to blame MrG? It sounds like he is doing enough of that himself. We all forget things at times. Most of the time, we are able to recover the forgotten item but not always. Don't know about you, but I get seriously upset if I leave something behind while playing bridge and it isn't turned in to lost and found. Let's ignore the tone and give the poor guy some sympathy and advice how he might get lucky (which several have done).

MrG, I think Gracie put the renter line as a way you could show you're relatively new to TV, not as a slam for being a renter. I'm sure you're disappointed in TV since this isn't what you expected from all of the hype and I'm even more sure you didn't expect to get slammed here for posting about the incident. You'll find that most of TV lives up to the hype. People are mostly honest, kind and friendly. Ditto for TOTV. So, on behalf of TOTV, my apologies. I don't think you deserved some of the responses given. Nothing I can say about the individual who took your club other than I sincerely hope it was done by accident and will be returned.

PS. I do think labeling your clubs is a good idea. Certainly can't hurt.
Nice post redwitch!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Sage
[quote=Lovey2;1040597]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
What in the world does being a renter have to do with anything??

I must have missed that you said you were renting, not that it matters, it doesn't.
I'm so sorry for you...for both the club and the rude responses.
I hope you get your club back.
How would anyone know the OP is a renter and who would care?
Old 04-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Veteran member

[quote=janmcn;1040612]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post

How would anyone know the OP is a renter and who would care?
My point exactly!! It took me more time than I chose to be on here to write that response without being rude myself. I find it unbelievable that would be an issue, and I found nothing wrong with his post...he said he was "disappointed", not hating the Villages and everybody in it and running out to buy an Uzi to take on the golf courses. Cripes....it's Easter people. Let's try not to be too condescending and righteous on today of all days. Now...back to my egg hunt.... Hope everyone has a nice Easter!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.