Where has the Honesty gone at TV golf courses

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Default Where has the Honesty gone at TV golf courses

Played Havana today and inadvertently left a pitching wedge somewhere on the course. My bad. The disappointment came when no one turned it in. This is the first time in 60 years of playing that I have lost a club. I have probably found and turned in over a 100 clubs over the years. It is unfortunate that someone obviously picked it up and decided to keep it for themselves. Very disappointed to see this happen.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Gold member

I wouldn't assume yet that they picked it up and kept it for themselves. They might have forgotten about it after putting it in their bag, thinking they'd turn it in at the end.

Give it some time before characterizing the whole of TV as dishonest. Even then, that's one person out of thousands playing golf.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:26 PM

With some guests had the same thing happen a few years ago. Left an impression. They bought elsewhere. When you take something that does not belong to you, it's called stealing.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Platinum member

I have left clubs on the course. It might take a day or two to show up. I left a club on a cousre in Indy onetime. it apparently rode around in the ranger's cart for a couple of days. Keep the faith!
Old 04-04-2015, 06:56 PM

I did not cat agonize all of TV as dishonest. What I tried to convey is that, given the time our round was completed 11:45 and close of business at the course it is a pretty safe assumption someone picked it up. Given that it was used on the 18th hole you would think that someone picked it up and would not have forgotten to either turn it into the club house or to one of the many Ambassadors. For that reason I am suggesting that there is a strong possibility someone is less than honest IMO.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Platinum member

Let's not rush to judgement. Check with your playing partner, it may be in his / her bag. Give it a few days.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I'll say. Why would you have such a negative expectation?? This place is "honester" than any place EVER I have known. We were raised at the right time by the right mothers, MOST of us.

Look in your partner's bag first. Check in lost and found. We all have full sets of clubs that match. Here is another thread that made me all snarly. Thief among us!!

There are posts on this forum all of the time about expensive found items. We are a pretty good bunch of folks who live here.

If you find the club, we want you to tell us.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:09 PM

Why negative???? Because it appears someone picked it up and thought better about turning it in. Do you really think I would not have checked my playing partners. First thing I did when I noticed it missing. Second thing I did was call the course. Third thing was to physically drive back to the course, check with the proshop and cart barn and then backtrack to the point where the club was last used. It was a $100.00 PW. That might be why someone wanted it.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Why negative???? Because it appears someone picked it up and thought better about turning it in. Do you really think I would not have checked my playing partners. First thing I did when I noticed it missing. Second thing I did was call the course. Third thing was to physically drive back to the course, check with the proshop and cart barn and then backtrack to the point where the club was last used. It was a $100.00 PW. That might be why someone wanted it.

Wow. I see that you are renting. After you have lived here for many years, you will find that people find things and return things as a general rule. Your club may surface tomorrow, or the next time the person that picked it up plays golf. Some of us are a little forgetful at times.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Gold member

100,000 people. DUI's, drug arrests, domestic disputes, golf clubs stolen, all happen in a community this size. It's just way less than most communities this size. Could also be a non-Villager. If someone won't move here because of a club not being turned in I wish them the best of luck not having the possibility of that happening elsewhere.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
100,000 people. DUI's, drug arrests, domestic disputes, golf clubs stolen, all happen in a community this size. It's just way less than most communities this size. Could also be a non-Villager. If someone won't move here because of a club not being turned in I wish them the best of luck not having the possibility of that happening elsewhere.
Well said.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I play with a group of 24 women. Two days after playing one of the ladies noticed a club in her bag that was not hers. She has been trying to find the owner. Who it belongs to or how it got there is a mystery. What club did you lose? Have you posted it in lost and found in TOTV? Hopefully it will show up.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the encouragement but I am not hopeful. It was a TaylorMade Pitching Wedge.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Few weeks ago someone said that their keys were STOLEN at the golf course. They ranted and raved for many posts. How could someone. But they were not just misplaced and not stolen. It's just a golf club. we play with custom clubs that the rep has made for us. If I forgot a club on the course it's my bad. I don't expect someone else to babysit for me. Did you go back to the hole that you left it at?
Old 04-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I was playing El Diablo one time months ago and came across a wedge one of the foursome in front of me left on the fringe of a green. I tried waving my arms and flashing my cart lights for the next three holes trying to get their attention. I was able to get their attention to return the club. They thanked me and originally thought my efforts were conveying I thought they were playing to slow. Oh well.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.