Where was Johnny Wild?

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2017, 08:06 AM
Default Where was Johnny Wild?

Where were Johnny Wild and the delights last Wednesday. According to the paper they were supposed to be at Lake Sumter Landing. We went down to see them but no Johnny and no delights.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:05 AM

The band that filled in said the singer had laryngitis. We noticed a lot of people came and left. I didn't think they were bad but if you were expecting someone else...
Old 10-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

There was some serious grumbling as people left. The fill-in group, Monique & Ccmpany, is good but different than what people came for. But The Villages entertainment covered as well as they could on short notice and nobody asked for a refund.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

I believe the fill in group was American Martian. They weren't bad, but disappointing if you were expecting JW, which I was.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Eternal Member

The fill in group Wednesday at Lake Sumter Landing was Monique and Company - not American Martian.

Monique is a jazz singer and has a great voice but everyone was expecting Johnny and his group.

Hey, adjustments have to be made when the lead singer of a group cannot perform due to health reasons.

Personally, I thought it was rude and disrespectful for people to pick up and leave during Monique's first set. At least, wait until the end of the set instead of turning your back and leaving. Think of the feelings of the performers, folks.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Thumbs down

///
Old 10-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
The fill in group Wednesday at Lake Sumter Landing was Monique and Company - not American Martian.

Monique is a jazz singer and has a great voice but everyone was expecting Johnny and his group.

Hey, adjustments have to be made when the lead singer of a group cannot perform due to health reasons.

Personally, I thought it was rude and disrespectful for people to pick up and leave during Monique's first set. At least, wait until the end of the set instead of turning your back and leaving. Think of the feelings of the performers, folks.
I agree. I had seen Monique & Company recently at LSL and was disappointed that Johnny Wild wasn't there. But I stayed and enjoyed the first set. Besides, it was a nice night and 2 for 1 at the kiosks.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Serious grumbling?
I’m thinking if the scheduled act died.....people would come on here and complain.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Seriously? People complaining about "an act at the square" not showing up? Wow, some of you really need to a. get a life, or, b. talk to some people that can help you. Try enjoying the person you're with enough to realize a cancelled act shouldn't matter.

Entertainment at the Squares is just that, entertainment, AND. IT'S. (get ready for this?) FREEEEEEEEEEE.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:26 AM
Veteran member

Sorry, American Martian played at LSL on Saturday night and if you read the TOTV Entertainment schedule for LSL for October 14, it also has Johnny Wild listed there at that time, but I understand the newspaper had the correct band name listed for that day.
Closed Thread

Tags
johnny, delights, wild, landing, sumter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.