Where to park while driveway is painted

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2019, 01:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts
Default Where to park while driveway is painted

We are closing on the 4th of Sept. I will be coming down and staying at the house so I can be there to coordinate contractors coming in to do upgrades like Plantation Shutters, Spectrum, Nova water filters, etc...

After most of the upgrades are finished Decorative Concrete of Florida will be coming out the following week to clean, seal and paint our drive, garage Lanai, etc.

What do people do with their car while they have their driveway and garage sealed and painted? I understand it will take two days (after it is cleaned.)

Do you just park on the street? Do you ask neighbors to let you park in their driveways?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Frank
Old 08-12-2019, 04:08 AM

Parking on the street is probably your best option so when you need your car it is right there.
If a neighbor is kind enough to let you park in their driveway that would be good also, but it might not work for them if they need to get in and out of their garage.
Leaving your car in a parking lot would be a pain because you would need someone to take you to your car.

Street parking is probably the best solution and it would only be for two days.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Parking on the street is probably your best option so when you need your car it is right there.
If a neighbor is kind enough to let you park in their driveway that would be good also, but it might not work for them if they need to get in and out of their garage.
Leaving your car in a parking lot would be a pain because you would need someone to take you to your car.

Street parking is probably the best solution and it would only be for two days.
Thank you, that seemed to me to be the answer, but I was concerned about the neighborhood watch getting excited about a new car parking for a couple days. Is there some "standard" way to let them know it's mine?

Is there even neighborhood watch in McClure yet?
Old 08-12-2019, 06:45 AM
Veteran member

Here I’ve seen folks park their car in the garage, but put their cart on the lawn. They just use their cart for two days.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Here I’ve seen folks park their car in the garage, but put their cart on the lawn. They just use their cart for two days.
I am having the garage cleaned, sealed and painted also, so I can't leave the car in it - sadly.

And I was going to leave my car at home and rent a cart for a month, but I don't think a cart work be much use in McClure right now, since about the only place I could go would be Finney Grill
Old 08-12-2019, 07:05 AM

You could park on the street or in a neighbor’s driveway with their permission of course.

Yes there is a neighborhood watch presence in McClure. I doubt you will have an issue out here on the island. Our connections to the mainland are coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2019, 07:09 AM

Why wouldn't you just park on the street? There are no laws that say you can't park on the street.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeg180 View Post
You could park on the street or in a neighbor’s driveway with their permission of course.

Yes there is a neighborhood watch presence in McClure. I doubt you will have an issue out here on the island. Our connections to the mainland are coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely, connections are coming, I am perfectly happy waiting for them, I was just mentioning that I was considering a cart to ge around and parking in my yard, then realized I couldn't get anywhere for shopping yet - lol!

Eagerly awaiting connection to Brownwood so we can buy a cart and get with the TV LifeStyle!
Old 08-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Take a 2 day road trip and see many of the wonders Fla has to offer
Old 08-12-2019, 07:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Why wouldn't you just park on the street? There are no laws that say you can't park on the street.
Well, that is why I am asking the question, since other than temporary for deliveries or lawn care I never see people parking their cars in the street I did't know if there was a law.

And also the concern that if I leave it parked in the road for 2 days, neighborhood patrol might've it towed thinking it was abandoned, or call the police to report it.

So, I thought asking here first might be a reasonable thing to do.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Take a 2 day road trip and see many of the wonders Fla has to offer
Good idea, except I grew up in Florida and live in Florida currently (2 hours away) - LOL.. "been here, done all that"...

But, mostly, I need to be here to discuss things and supervise all the upgrades. Driving 4 or 5 hours a day to commute while that work is done is not appealing.

My wife will wait at home until I give her the all clear to come on down and move in with me again!
Old 08-12-2019, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,090 Times in 2,230 Posts

2 of my neighbors had a coating applied to their driveways that required 5 days for the cars to be off the finish, they parked on the street, no problems. If you are still concerned, you could probably call community watch and tell them your car will be on the street due to driveway work.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
2 of my neighbors had a coating applied to their driveways that required 5 days for the cars to be off the finish, they parked on the street, no problems. If you are still concerned, you could probably call community watch and tell them your car will be on the street due to driveway work.
Thank you that sounds like the way to go.

Do you know where I could find the number for Community Watch in McClure?
Old 08-12-2019, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

OP, send me a PM if you want to leave your car in our driveway for a couple of days. We are up north so it won't be blocking access to our garage. However, we live north of 466 near Tierra Del Sol, so you will need a ride to/ from your home.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
OP, send me a PM if you want to leave your car in our driveway for a couple of days. We are up north so it won't be blocking access to our garage. However, we live north of 466 near Tierra Del Sol, so you will need a ride to/ from your home.
Thank you very much for the offer!

I think the parking in the street will work, and I will just let Community Watch know.
Closed Thread

Tags
coming, park, upgrades, driveway, painted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.