Where to park while driveway is painted

Where to park while driveway is painted

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-12-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Take a 2 day road trip and see many of the wonders Fla has to offer
Good idea, except I grew up in Florida and live in Florida currently (2 hours away) - LOL.. "been here, done all that"...

But, mostly, I need to be here to discuss things and supervise all the upgrades. Driving 4 or 5 hours a day to commute while that work is done is not appealing.

My wife will wait at home until I give her the all clear to come on down and move in with me again!

Old 08-12-2019, 07:48 AM
Sage

2 of my neighbors had a coating applied to their driveways that required 5 days for the cars to be off the finish, they parked on the street, no problems. If you are still concerned, you could probably call community watch and tell them your car will be on the street due to driveway work.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
2 of my neighbors had a coating applied to their driveways that required 5 days for the cars to be off the finish, they parked on the street, no problems. If you are still concerned, you could probably call community watch and tell them your car will be on the street due to driveway work.
Thank you that sounds like the way to go.

Do you know where I could find the number for Community Watch in McClure?
Old 08-12-2019, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

OP, send me a PM if you want to leave your car in our driveway for a couple of days. We are up north so it won't be blocking access to our garage. However, we live north of 466 near Tierra Del Sol, so you will need a ride to/ from your home.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
OP, send me a PM if you want to leave your car in our driveway for a couple of days. We are up north so it won't be blocking access to our garage. However, we live north of 466 near Tierra Del Sol, so you will need a ride to/ from your home.
Thank you very much for the offer!

I think the parking in the street will work, and I will just let Community Watch know.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Well, that is why I am asking the question, since other than temporary for deliveries or lawn care I never see people parking their cars in the street I did't know if there was a law.

And also the concern that if I leave it parked in the road for 2 days, neighborhood patrol might've it towed thinking it was abandoned, or call the police to report it.

So, I thought asking here first might be a reasonable thing to do.
Please accept my apology, as I did not intend for my response to seem like you were asking anything but a necessary question.
In my initial response I suspected someone had told you that parking on the street was not allowed. I say this because I was told this by neighbors when I first moved to the villages. It was many years later before I discovered that my neighbors just preferred that no one park in the street. One neighbor even became annoyed when someone had work done at their house, because it meant workers vehicles were always parked on the street.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Please accept my apology, as I did not intend for my response to seem like you were asking anything but a necessary question.
In my initial response I suspected someone had told you that parking on the street was not allowed. I say this because I was told this by neighbors when I first moved to the villages. It was many years later before I discovered that my neighbors just preferred that no one park in the street. One neighbor even became annoyed when someone had work done at their house, because it meant workers vehicles were always parked on the street.
Sorry, I am just a "Grumpy Old Man" - no harm no foul!

Thanks for the comment, and yes, I have heard of people getting annoyed at workers parking on the streets... I guess all work should be done at night and in complete silence.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Gold member

Had mine (and my garage) done a couple months ago and parked car and cart in the street for over a week with no problem
Old 08-12-2019, 08:04 PM

i parked on the street out of the way while mine was being done. its only for a day or two. most people will understand because they have been in that situation themselves.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
We are closing on the 4th of Sept. I will be coming down and staying at the house so I can be there to coordinate contractors coming in to do upgrades like Plantation Shutters, Spectrum, Nova water filters, etc...

After most of the upgrades are finished Decorative Concrete of Florida will be coming out the following week to clean, seal and paint our drive, garage Lanai, etc.

What do people do with their car while they have their driveway and garage sealed and painted? I understand it will take two days (after it is cleaned.)

Do you just park on the street? Do you ask neighbors to let you park in their driveways?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Frank
Can’t give you any better advice than what you have already received. Just wanted to say Cliff and his crew will do a great job. Ours looks just as good today as it did four years ago when Decorative Concrete did our driveway!

Tags
coming, park, upgrades, driveway, painted