Where to park while driveway is painted

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Well, that is why I am asking the question, since other than temporary for deliveries or lawn care I never see people parking their cars in the street I did't know if there was a law.

And also the concern that if I leave it parked in the road for 2 days, neighborhood patrol might've it towed thinking it was abandoned, or call the police to report it.

So, I thought asking here first might be a reasonable thing to do.
Please accept my apology, as I did not intend for my response to seem like you were asking anything but a necessary question.
In my initial response I suspected someone had told you that parking on the street was not allowed. I say this because I was told this by neighbors when I first moved to the villages. It was many years later before I discovered that my neighbors just preferred that no one park in the street. One neighbor even became annoyed when someone had work done at their house, because it meant workers vehicles were always parked on the street.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Please accept my apology, as I did not intend for my response to seem like you were asking anything but a necessary question.
In my initial response I suspected someone had told you that parking on the street was not allowed. I say this because I was told this by neighbors when I first moved to the villages. It was many years later before I discovered that my neighbors just preferred that no one park in the street. One neighbor even became annoyed when someone had work done at their house, because it meant workers vehicles were always parked on the street.
Sorry, I am just a "Grumpy Old Man" - no harm no foul!

Thanks for the comment, and yes, I have heard of people getting annoyed at workers parking on the streets... I guess all work should be done at night and in complete silence.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Had mine (and my garage) done a couple months ago and parked car and cart in the street for over a week with no problem
Old 08-12-2019, 08:04 PM

i parked on the street out of the way while mine was being done. its only for a day or two. most people will understand because they have been in that situation themselves.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
We are closing on the 4th of Sept. I will be coming down and staying at the house so I can be there to coordinate contractors coming in to do upgrades like Plantation Shutters, Spectrum, Nova water filters, etc...

After most of the upgrades are finished Decorative Concrete of Florida will be coming out the following week to clean, seal and paint our drive, garage Lanai, etc.

What do people do with their car while they have their driveway and garage sealed and painted? I understand it will take two days (after it is cleaned.)

Do you just park on the street? Do you ask neighbors to let you park in their driveways?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Frank
Can’t give you any better advice than what you have already received. Just wanted to say Cliff and his crew will do a great job. Ours looks just as good today as it did four years ago when Decorative Concrete did our driveway!
Old 08-12-2019, 08:21 PM
Gold member

Sounds like you may have fresh/new concrete.
Ask the contractor how long it should be cured before coating.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion, I will do that!
Closed Thread

Tags
coming, park, upgrades, driveway, painted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.