Where To Receive Packages?

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Smile Where To Receive Packages?

I will be mailing a couple of packages to myself in the rental. Where would I get them? I will have a mail box key. Would it be where the mail boxes are? Thanks for any info.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Veteran member

Hi, Cher, yes, the mail station has package compartments (located at the same mail station where you pick up your letters) that are separate from your regular mailbox; so if you have been delivered a package, the mailman will leave a key in your regular mailbox and there will be a number on the key so that you can tell what package box your package is in. Very simple!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
Hi, Cher, yes, the mail station has package compartments (located at the same mail station where you pick up your letters) that are separate from your regular mailbox; so if you have been delivered a package, the mailman will leave a key in your regular mailbox and there will be a number on the key so that you can tell what package box your package is in. Very simple!
Thanks for info. I want to mail some of my clothes down.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Veteran member

I'm not sure what the maximum package size it that can fit in the compartments there, or what happens if the boxes are too big for the package compartments - they probably leave them on your doorstep, as I think I recall the mailman doing that a time or two for larger packages; maybe you should call the main PO here and ask, in order to be sure what to expect - I don't have the # handy, but it's on Teague Trail and you can find it on the p.o. website usps.com
Old 11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
SNOK

If you know the address of the rental, UPS and FedEX deliver to the door. No mail box pick up is necessary.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

UPS or FedEx is really the better way to go. If it doesn't fit in the larger mailboxes you'll have to go to the Lady Lake P.O. to pick up your packages, which is a royal pain in the rear. UPS and FedEx will leave them at your door and I've never heard of anyone having problems with packages being taken.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Default Mailing package to yourself

The UPS Store in Spanish Plaines (by Lowes off 441) will accept packages and hold them at the store for $5/box. You just need to call ahead of time so they know to expect your package and can sign for them (352-753-8000). Shipping to a business address typically costs less than shipping to a residental address.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Default UPS package hold

I emailed UPS and asked them this same question….this is their response:

Thank you for your question. UPS offers a Hold for Pickup service free of charge. UPS will deliver your package to the UPS Customer Center and will call the receiver when it arrives. Packages will be made available by 8:30 a.m. on the scheduled delivery day. Hold for Pickup is not an available service at The UPS Store or UPS Air Service Centers.

For each package, the shipper of record must address Hold for Pickup shipments with the receiver's full name, telephone number, name of a contact person, the words "Hold for Pickup" and the full address of the designated UPS Customer Center.

In addition, a UPS Hold for Pickup label must be applied below the address label on the package. Packages not picked up within five business days from the date of arrival will be returned to the shipper. The recipient will be required to provide a government issued photo identification.

For additional information on this service, please refer to the following link:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...ld_pickup.html

Packages can be addressed to any UPS Customer Center. You can view a list of UPS shipping locations by using our 'Find Locations' feature at the following link:

http://www.ups.com/dropoff?loc=en_US
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.