Where to stay outside Disney World

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Veteran member
Default Where to stay outside Disney World

Family and grandkids coming next week. One day at Disney, one day at Universal and one day ice skating at The Ice Factory in Kissimmee. Looking for a family friendly, clean, hotel outside the park convenient to all three. I'm not too familiar with the area.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

niece's family stayed here and loved it - was great for the kids ages 11, 8, 6 - shuttle service was convenient to parks.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts
Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
niece's family stayed here and loved it - was great for the kids ages 11, 8, 6 - shuttle service was convenient to parks.
Where is here?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Where is here?
OOPS! sorry! Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel in Orlando, Florida | Holiday Inn Resort

Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 AM

World Quest Resort in Orlando. They rent full condos - two and three bedroom with full kitchens and a great pool. Also provide continental breakfast...all at a reasonable price. And it is NOT timeshare, so no annoying come-ons.

Have stayed here several times with family and will easily stay again.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Default Marriot Vacation Club

Our family came down in January and I went to AAA to set up reservations. They booked us at the Marriot Cypress Habour. Yes, it is a time share but we never got hassled to attend a presentation. We had a beautiful unit that slept 8 people with a full kitchen, washer & dryer. They had 3 pools to enjoy and a Pizza Hut and another restaurant on premise. After a long day walking around the parks we all enjoyed the hot tubs and pool. Great place and it was only $160 a night. Consider it slept all of us, it was a great price. Two beautiful large bedrooms and pull out sofas. Had other size units available. Centrally located.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Veteran member

We came down 2 to 3 times per year for the past 11 years (prior to moving to TV in Dec). We stayed at a number of off-property hotels on Irlo Bronson. Last couple of years, mostly used the Baymont Inn and Suites on Black Lake (just off of Irlo Bronson). Convenient location, lots of food choices around it. Clean and had good guests.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Location: The Villages, FL, village of Sanibel (previously Colchester, CT and Dallas, PA)

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Kissimmee. Fairly cheap rates. Clean accommodations and free breakfast. Convenient to parks.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for taking the time to help us out with great tips. We will be following up on them.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

You may also want to check out the Holiday Inn Sunspree. It has themed rooms your grandchildren may enjoy.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:00 PM

Holiday inn at orange lakes.. what a great place ..very large ..big condos..it is a timeshare but if you tell them no they dont hassle you.. would definately stay there again.. great pool area.. great for kids..and a lot to do for adults too..
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM

We have also stayed at the H.I Sunspree resort and had a ball!! Themed rooms for the kids and separate kids area with bunkbeds. Clean rooms and a nice pool.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.