Where are you from?

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygirl View Post
We're from Alameda, California. Just across the Bay bridge from San Francisco. My hubbie and I married in 0
3 on the beach in Maui. We decided to start a new life here. No more 2-3 hour commute to work. No more road rage. No more San Francisco politics. We love it and have met many wonderful people. My adult kids thought we must have a screw loose to leave Calif. They changed their minds when they came to visit.
I work at the hospital and am not too happy there. TVRH is just about the only thing I'm not thrilled about here in Florida.
I was born in Indiana and spent every summer in Bloomington where my Mom was raised and went to IU. Hello to the lady from Bloomington. I spent many summers roaming through the hills and playing in the creeks. I worked in the cafeteria of the dental school during my 17th summer. My best girlfriend and I thought we would find a dreamy dentist like Mark Spitz.... we washed lots of dishes instead.
May I ask what you don't like about working at TVRH? We will be moving to TV in March 2011 and I was considering working at TVRH part-time.

My husband is from Cleveland OH raised in GA and I was born in Orange CA and spent most of my adult life in San Francisco CA. We now live in Arlington VA.

Mike and Julie
Pennecamp "ers" To Be 3/2010
Old 04-20-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Somebody said that Florida was the state that contibutes the greatest number of new residents to The Villages. I meet alot of people from Ohio and Michigan. Where are your from? Please register and tell us.

JLK
I am from New Jersey...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Cool We are from...

We are not there yet to stay... in about 27 days.
We're from California, Maine, Mallorca, Spain, Puerto Rico and St John, USVI.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:47 PM

From Broomall, western burbs of Philly. Hope to be there this summer.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Default New

From Lexington, Ky for the past 30 plus years, born and raised in the lovely Garden State(NJ). Coming for a TV visit mid May.........................HELP !!!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:22 PM

We are from Mays Landing, New Jersey
Old 04-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Send a message via AIM to troubletog

I am originally from Meriden, CT, My husband is from Windsor, CT. After we married, we lived in Windsor, then West Harwich, MA for a very short time before moving to Wilmington, NC where we now live. Hope to be able to move to TV before too much longer.
West Harwich, MA
Wilmington, NC
TV soon!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Default Charlene & Terry

We are from Davenport, Iowa. GO HAWKS!!!!!
We just purchased a house in Hacienda.
Still moving things from Iowa; but, can't wait till we're all done ( probably in March ).
Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Send a message via ICQ to dpingram

Hubby asleep on the sofa so I can't tell you all the places he has lived. He spent 30 years in the army so he has been around. We have only been married 4 years that's why I don't know.
As for me-- born in Lynchburg, VA, spent childhood in Sanford, FL., returned to Lynchburg, then to Midlothian, VA, to Macon, GA, back to Lynchburg, now in Moneta, VA and in June 2011 THE VILLAGES
Old 12-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Default We're from:

I grew up in Bay Village, Ohio, then Toledo while attending UT. Moved back to the greater Cleveland area and now live in Broadview Hts. Wife from Strongsville, Ohio. Our next move will be to TV when we retire, which won't be for at least 10 years...Ugh. Visited LSP program twice and we love TV.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Platinum member

I'm sure there is so type of record about what states populate The Villages the most. My guess is New York, Ohio, and other states in the Great Lake Area. How many Floridians live in TV?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

San Francisco Bay Area -- Pleasant Hill (East Bay/Diablo Valley) to be exact. Born in Germany. English was my fifth language (learn 'em, move, forget 'em, learn the next). Can pick them back up if I'm in a country for more than 3 weeks, but otherwise, it's English (well, American) and German today.

Have traveled most of my life, so my stock response to most people is my mother with a little bit of help from my father. Military/embassy brats understand the response immediately. Others think I'm being a wise guy.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
San Francisco Bay Area -- Pleasant Hill (East Bay/Diablo Valley) English was my fifth language
I am impressed. Five launguages? I have a hard enough time speaking English...and I was born here.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Easy when you're a kid. Sadly, we moved so much they really didn't stick (unless you get me really, really angry -- then I start cursing in every language I ever knew).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-09-2010, 08:08 AM

our salesman told us floridians make up the most sales in the villages followed closely by new york... i am a native floridian (miami, ft lauderdale) and my husband was born in brookyln so i guess we fit the profile exactly...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.