Where are you from?

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Founder
Default Where are you from?

Somebody said that Florida was the state that contibutes the greatest number of new residents to The Villages. I meet alot of people from Ohio and Michigan. Where are your from? Please register and tell us.

JLK
Old 12-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Default Re: Where are you from?

We're from Randolph, Ma. and Wilmington, NC

Is there anyone else from our home towns?
Old 12-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Founder

Did you ever eat at a restaurant called "A Touch of Italy" in Randolph?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:37 PM

We are from Wyomissing, PA, anyone else out there???
Old 12-03-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kokochak
Did you ever eat at a restaurant called "A Touch of Italy" in Randolph?
Yes about 9 years ago. Then we moved to Wilmington, NC.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidisi
We are from Wyomissing, PA, anyone else out there???
Where is Wyomissing Pa? I grew up in NYS and I was curious what part of PA this is located in.
amityk
Old 12-08-2006, 09:08 PM

Hi, I'm from Bloomington, IN. Go IU! Hardly ever meet anyone from old Bloominggulch. Are you out there?

Lorraine
Old 01-25-2007, 10:01 AM

Jack Rubin here, while my wife Betty, is doing a cross stiching project in the other room. We started out in Coraopolis/Sewickley, PA. Both towns are about 10 miles North of Pittsburgh. Moved to Columbus, OH in 1970, then onto Wilmington, DE in 1973, back to Columbus, OH in 1989, then back to DE in 1991. We have lived in The Villages since Oct. 1994. Needless to say, we just love it here. This life style is easy to get used to.

Go Steelers
happydays@steelerfans.net
Old 01-26-2007, 08:00 PM

Glen and Marian Shanor here since 1999. Born and raised in Rochester, Pa, built first house in Center Twp in 1966, (Monaca, Pa), sold it and moved to North Sewickley Twp in 1971 (Beaver Falls), transferred to (Westinghouse) Fayetteville, NC in 1981, transferred to Asheville, NC in 1983, transferred to (Eaton Corp, Business Buyout) Milwaukee, WI in 1995, transferred back to Asheville, NC in 1996, Transferred back to Milwaukee, WI in 1997, then declined a transfer to the Dominican Republic in 1999 and decided to retire instead. The Villages is a great place to live although it getting too large for me, not sure I can adapt to the crowds at this time.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochyrams59
Glen and Marian Shanor here since 1999. Born and raised in Rochester, Pa, built first house in Center Twp in 1966, (Monaca, Pa), sold it and moved to North Sewickley Twp in 1971 (Beaver Falls), transferred to (Westinghouse) Fayetteville, NC in 1981, transferred to Asheville, NC in 1983, transferred to (Eaton Corp, Business Buyout) Milwaukee, WI in 1995, transferred back to Asheville, NC in 1996, Transferred back to Milwaukee, WI in 1997, then declined a transfer to the Dominican Republic in 1999 and decided to retire instead. The Villages is a great place to live although it getting too large for me, not sure I can adapt to the crowds at this time.
I worked at WBVP radio in Beaver Falls back in the 60s. I roomed in Monaca at a home owned by an elderly lady whose son was a Monaca policeman. Her name was Kalervo. The sons name was Lolli Kalervo (or Kolervo) Mrs. Kalervo's husband died, but had a great bunch of antique cars in the basement of their house. She left them exactly as they were when he died. They were in mint condition and covered with dust.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

:arrow: to see where Im from.................OOOPS :joke: just kidding Im gonna tell you..
We are from Cape Cod Massachusetts..hubby David retired from :cop: Police Dept in 2001..we moved to Merritt Island Florida in 2003, then when we lost my parents in 2005 we sold that house and bought one here in The Villages ...and we also have a home on Cape Cod..Hyannis..and spend summers up there mostly beaching..and riding the Harley....we love it here..just starting to spread our wings and meet people..
the forums have helped with that......nice way to get people connecting ;D
Old 01-31-2007, 12:47 PM

HI ... I'm Chris. Although I grew up in Punxsutawney, PA (home of the infamous Punxsy Phil!), I moved to Rochester, NY after college, where I met my husband John. We raised our family there, a very nice city BTW, and when we decided we didn't like the wind chill and snow any longer, we decided to move here. Although we've only been here since Sept 06, we love it here. John retired from Kodak and I'm retired from Wegmans. Any other Rochesterians down here?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:04 AM

We are from a little town in Michigan called Petersburg. It is off of US-23 just about nine miles north of Toledo, Ohio. We were born and raised in Toledo and then moved to the country about 34 years ago. We still have our home in Michigan and we love it there but we also love the Villages. We stay here about seven months and then go home. It is the best of both worlds. I would love to meet and talk to anyone from Michigan or Ohio.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:15 PM

We came to the Villages from Singer Island, FL - Via Glens Falls, NY, Frostburg, Md, Fairfax, VA and 20 years traveling in the Navy. Looking forward to life here in the Villages.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 AM

I'm from Pasadena, Texas which is like a suburb of Houston, but it has about 250,000 people. Anyone from Texas? I really miss good resturants and good beef. Anyone know of a meat market or supermarket that sells black angus beef? My husband hails from Long Island originally but he lived in Texas for 30 years. He retired in 2004 as a police officer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.