Recommendations re: campers/fifth wheels

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Default Recommendations re: campers/fifth wheels

Has anyone had any good/bad/indifferent dealings with any of the RV/fifth wheel/travel trailer centers? We are thinking about a purchase but there are a lot of centers around here, and I would imagine lots of folks here have positive experiences to share!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:16 PM

Any thoughts at all???
Old 02-15-2014, 08:18 AM

Send me a PM. We just bought a camper.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 02-15-2014, 09:44 AM
Gold member

I would shop around.

Camping World is opening more and more centers that sell RV's. (One right up the road in Summerfield.)

Lazydays has a large selection. I bought my current RV there and was pleased with the transaction. I have not been as pleased with the service department there although they do a wide range of repairs/upgrades.

Alliance is close by in Wildwood, when I was shopping they were just building up their inventory and didn't have anything that met my needs, looks like they have a large selection now.

There are a couple of dealers in the Orlando/Sanford area that advertise a lot. I shopped some of them about 5 years ago but did not make a purchase from any of them.

North Trail in Fort Myers seems to have a good selection - I have never purchased there, just had some service done when I lived in Naples.

Start by shopping on line to see what is available. If you know exactly what you want you may find a dealer who is willing to deliver it to you from a distant location - just to get your business. (I once bought a motorhome from a dealer in Montana while living in California. I bought another motorhome in Tucson while living here.)

One thing to keep in mind, there is a lot of wiggle room in RV pricing. My daughter just bought a new RV last weekend. The dealer she was going to use started to tack on extra charges when they sat down to do the contract. She walked, found the exact same RV at a different dealer, and paid less than she "thought" she had negotiated at the original dealer. You should usually be able to get 20-25% off list price on a new RV, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Default Campers

I have purchased 3 class A motor homes from camping world, and they have always been great before and more importantly after the sale. I love class A's, but we will be going full time RVing next year and I will de getting a 5th wheel. There just like having your home with you. So much more homie, if that's a word. LOL.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:00 PM

I found a dealer near the factory that made the RV I wanted. He was 40% lower then the locals. I took the deal to the local dealer and he priced matched plus shipping.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 02-15-2014, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:21 PM

Just some things to consider, when traveling your will probably need other transportation, (you are not going to drive your RV for a shopping trip or to go out to dinner). If you get a class A or Class C RV you have to either tow a vehicle or rent one. If you have a travel trailer or 5th Wheel your towing vehicle serves double duty. I have a Class C and I carry a small motor scooter on back, I can go to the store with out "breaking camp".
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.