Where are you from?

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Default Re: Where are you from?

Tony and Marty from Abington, PA.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:59 PM

I was born and raised in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and my husband was born and raised in Illiniois before coming to Pennsylvania. I'm here in the Villages now and he will move down when he retires in January.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Platinum member

We're from the suburbs of Dayton and Springfield OH. Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Now reside in KY waiting to relocate to TV.

Steve
Old 08-17-2007, 09:09 PM

We are from Saginaw, MI. My wife is from Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:16 PM
jerseygirl13

Hi, I'm Christine from Central NJ. hence, jerseygirl. Checking out TV and seriously considering checking it out in Oct. Seems to me alot of folks are from Wisconsin and Michigan, maybe upstate NY. That makes sense as I'd rather be in central FL than up to my neck in snow and sleet. Great reading all these posts.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:21 AM

Pat and Rich from Altoona, Pennsylvania.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:44 AM

We are from Central New Jersey too - Jersey Girl where are you? We are in Hamilton Sq. For those who don't know central NJ we are 9 miles east of Princeton and approximately 50 miles from NYC to the north and Philly to the south. Hope to be in TV by early 2008.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Send a message via AIM to walkingfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
We're from Randolph, Ma. and Wilmington, NC

Is there anyone else from our home towns?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Send a message via AIM to walkingfool

We're from Vermont & North Jersey
Old 08-18-2007, 08:02 AM

Walkingfool
My husband use to have a store in Randolph, Ma. The Glidden Paint store right across from the Holiday in on rt. 28. Don't think its there anymore. We lived in Whitman. I worked in Canton.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:33 AM
jerseygirl13

Hi Scottke: I'm from a great little town you've most likely heard of . . . Lambertville, right on the Delaware (I'm one block back so no flooding for me). I love it here but cannot afford to buy here, taxes are crazy. As I said, I graduated from TCNJ so your area was my old stompin ground. It's sad to want to leave an area you love b/c you can't afford to live there anymore, but, I am sooooooo excited about the prospect of moving to TV.
Great weather we're having (yesterday 82 degrees for a change). Are you living in TV yet? p.s. Leaving for Vegas on Monday. Then on Thurs. puttin' in the river (Colorado) for a 8 day rafting expedition coving the entire 277 miles through the Grandest Canyon. Will check messages when I return, hopefully; I'll return !!!! Ok, think positive, think positive, no danger, no danger. Only issue I see right now is the weather. Appears it will be chilly, of all things, in the canyon during those days!! Bathing in a 48 degree river is one thing if it's 100 degrees outside. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:25 PM

Hi Jerseygirl - nope not in TV yet. Early 2008 is our expectant date. We leave for TV on Friday to see how it is in the summer time as we will be full time owners when we move. Our house has been looked at by 3 agents for pricing but the market is terrible here so we think we are going to hold out and list after the first of the year. Can't wait to be a villager - it is the coolest place. You're right, too expensive in NJ - just can't do it. We are leaving children and 10 grandkids behind. I know they'll all visit. Have a great time on your trip. Your trip would scare me to death. All that water and rapids!!!!! Sign on when you get back. We'll have to meet some day - maybe when we are both villagers.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:28 PM

I was "born and raised" in State College, PA (Penn State University); then lived in Midland Michigan; Then in the Willow Grove, Fort Washington PA area before moving to West Palm Beach Florida and then here in 2004. (I was careful not to give the number of years in each location.......)

Margi
Old 08-19-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
Somebody said that Florida was the state that contibutes the greatest number of new residents to The Villages. I meet alot of people from Ohio and Michigan. Where are your from? Please register and tell us.

JLK IM FRO NORWALK, CT. MOVED TO THE VILLAGES LAST DEC. I GO BACK D FORTH TO CT. ILL BE BACK IN OCTOBER. HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH OTHERS FROM MY AREA? TIGER
Old 08-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsuewerb
I was "born and raised" in State College, PA (Penn State University); then lived in Midland Michigan; Then in the Willow Grove, Fort Washington PA area before moving to West Palm Beach Florida and then here in 2004. (I was careful not to give the number of years in each location.......)

Margi
Do you know Joe and Jackie Sobel. They are good friends from STate Collage
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.