Where’s the Vegemite?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 05-13-2022, 07:46 PM
Default Where’s the Vegemite?

My wife (I know, I don’t have a cute nickname for her yet) and I have finally moved here from Ohio. I’m originally from Australia. In the Cincinnati area we had one of the best international markets in the country, and I was able to get my fix of Vegemite.
Does anyone know anywhere around here (other than ordering on-line) that sells Vegemite?
Old 05-13-2022, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,405 Times in 2,022 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron848 View Post
My wife (I know, I don’t have a cute nickname for her yet) and I have finally moved here from Ohio. I’m originally from Australia. In the Cincinnati area we had one of the best international markets in the country, and I was able to get my fix of Vegemite.
Does anyone know anywhere around here (other than ordering on-line) that sells Vegemite?
World Market in Winter Garden carries Vegemite AND Marmite. That's the closest place, around 35 miles from Lady Lake (which is my side of the Villages).
Old 05-13-2022, 08:12 PM
Veteran member

Most of us only heard the word Vegemite listening to Men At Work.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
World Market in Winter Garden carries Vegemite AND Marmite. That's the closest place, around 35 miles from Lady Lake (which is my side of the Villages).
Thanks OrangeBlossomBaby. I’d crawl 35 miles over broken glass for Vegemite. (I wouldn’t walk across the street for Marmite!). Looks like the occasional trip to Winter Garden is in order.
Is there any question this forum doesn’t have an answer to?
Old 05-13-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Most of us only heard the word Vegemite listening to Men At Work.
When we hold our “Welcoming us to the neighborhood” open house Vegemite sandwiches will be served,along with a smile!
Old 05-14-2022, 07:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thanks OrangeBlossomBaby. I’d crawl 35 miles over broken glass for Vegemite. (I wouldn’t walk across the street for Marmite!). Looks like the occasional trip to Winter Garden is in order.
Is there any question this forum doesn’t have an answer to?
Or simply order from Amazon
Old 05-15-2022, 04:56 AM

Publix used to carry it. Tell them and they may stock it on their shelves again if it’s not there.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,000 Times in 352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky1 View Post
Publix used to carry it. Tell them and they may stock it on their shelves again if it’s not there.
Great idea ..... Publix carries a good selection of international foods. Walmart carries Tim Tams Australian chocolate cookie, expensive but very good.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-15-2022, 06:12 AM

Clickbait no one from Australia moves to Cincinnati period
Old 05-15-2022, 06:23 AM

Quote:
When we hold our “Welcoming us to the neighborhood” open house Vegemite sandwiches will be served,along with a smile!
So what village are you in and when's the open house ? I'm a Sandgroper who needs some Vegemite asap, lol! I'm in Cason Hammock.

I, too will be searching out this world market.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Save yourself the gas, just order Vegemite from Amazon and have it delivered within 24 hours!
Old 05-15-2022, 06:28 AM

You can order online from World Market and receive delivery within a few days. But a trip to the store might be fun- they carry a huge selection of international items.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:44 AM

While you are there - Please pick up some Tim Tams for me.
Old 05-15-2022, 07:18 AM
Gold member
Talking

Quote:
Not much else good came from Cincinnati, You're probably as happy as I was to leave Cincity Ohio...

Old 05-15-2022, 07:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,294 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Have you checked at Earth Fare and that other expensive healthy food store? Vegemite and Marmite are both made from brewer’s yeast extract, so they are natural products. Vegemite used to be also made in the U.S. and sold as Vegex. My mom added a little to casseroles for decades to increase the umami taste, though she didn’t know that was what it did.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	0450DA52-B593-4FAE-8D49-D80E8349BC9E.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	93761  

Tags
vegemite, markets, international, country, where’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.