Whirlpool Gold Appliances

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Veteran member
Default Whirlpool Gold Appliances

Would like an opinion on the applainces for those people recently moved into their home. Also if you purchased the TV washer and dryer feel free to comment.

thanks,
Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
Would like an opinion on the applainces for those people recently moved into their home. Also if you purchased the TV washer and dryer feel free to comment.

thanks,
We didn't. We brought ours, but if you do, be sure you have someone who knows what they are doing hook up your dryer that is older. They have different receptacles or prongs here and our dryer burnt up( motor overheated and died) because it wasn't hooked up correctly.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:42 AM

We closed on our home last May and moved in October. We have whirlpool gold appliances and so far had the refrigerator and microwave replaced. Don't think I would recommend whirlpool.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

buying new from somewhere when we get the next house
Old 07-18-2012, 09:17 PM

We're not in TV (yet) but I do have matching Whirlpool Gold appliances in my kitchen that we bought new and the only issues I've had in the 10 months or so that we've had them is some noise from the DW pump, which was replaced under warranty. Our home is on the market now and our agent wants us to leave the appliances but I don't want to, however, if I do leave them I would buy Whirlpool Gold appliances again.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 AM
Veteran member

The general consensus of the people I have had this discussion with is to buy only those items u must from the realtor and when house is built get the rest of ur appliances from an appliance store. The builder puts in junk and charges high prices for his appliances.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 AM

I doubt they are junk, BUT I do agree that they are not going to use top line as their standard appliances. Our house has them already in place. We will use them for a while and replace as we go along. Just so there is no rush. 1st thing is a new living room! Our buyers here wanted all but the fridge, so we will have our garage "overflow" fridge. When we replace the newest one, I guess we'll have 2 of them in the garage.
I am happy to see that so few people don't like the Whirlpool Gold appliances, if they were really horrible, there would be a lot more complaints.
Don & Kaz
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.