Whiskey Creek at Sumter Landing

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Whiskey Creek at Sumter Landing

We tried it shortly after their big opening and they were having "problems" in the kitchen. There were plenty of empty tables and no shortage of wait staff yet they would not seat folks waiting at the door. We left and waited 2 months until they had time to work out problems. Tried again recently and with 4 in our party we had mixed reviews. While cooked as ordered, one RibEye was great. second Ribeye was all grizzle. FlatIron Steak was so-so but had enough hot spicey seasoning to hide the flavor of beef. Pulled Pork dinner was okay, but not anything worth asking for on next visit.

I guess some folks rush to open and with a large employee turnover don't get things fixed in time to avoid getting a bad name via TV senior telegraph system. As they are planning to open, they sometimes overlook the fact that many seniors are unwilling to pay for poor quaility. We eat out often and rush to try out the newest restaurants or shops, but we don't enjoy being treated as if we should accept sub par meals and service.We just tell our friends and don't go back.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Founder

Every time I drive by the restaurant, it looks full.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:40 AM

I would certainly hope before anyone is spreading rumors of Whiskey Creek closing they would give the restaurant a call and speak to someone in management. Not only can I assure you that Whiskey Creek is NOT closing but we are doing very well. You can expect an excellent meal, in a friendly atmosphere, with great service. Perhaps everyone should reconsider giving Whiskey Creek another try. The General Manager is helpful and attentive to guest needs as is the rest of his management team as well as everyone else that is working for Whiskey Creek. I would encourage anyone to give Whiskey Creek another try or a first try. We will go above and beyond your expectations!

Thank You
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGP0318
I would certainly hope before anyone is spreading rumors of Whiskey Creek closing they would give the restaurant a call and speak to someone in management. Thank You
Interesting, I looked for their telephone number in The Villages latest telephone directory and could not find Whiskey Creek listing under restaurants. Was able to find it listed at The Villages Gourmet website. They are open , but not in the local telphone directory.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Platinum member

704:
Not listed probably because they only opened in the mid- to late-spring, and the existing phone book was published about the same time, or earlier! tHE WAY WE GROW HERE, IT CAN BE FRUSTRATING TO FIND A NUMBER IN THE BOOK! :

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.