A couple of questions

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default A couple of questions

We will be in TV for the month of April, staying in Summerhill. The questions are:
Can we bring coolers of beer / wine etc. to the squares for the nightly entertainment?
Is there a law against open containers in golf carts (not on the golf course)?

We were there for a week for an LSP in April last year, but never tried to take a cooler to the squares.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Platinum member

Coolers and open containers in town square ... not a problem! Open containers (booze) in golf carts while driving on public roads ,,, a problem!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Platinum member

If I remember correctly they announce at the squares that you are not allowed to bring your own beverages though I have seen several people ignore that. My goodness, the drinks are 2 for 1 why would you bring your own.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Sage

One 2 for 1 screwdriver in a tall plastic glass for me and the beautiful blonde drives home. (I am way outta practice)

They fill the 12 ounce cup half full of vodka.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I guess you need to define exactly what you are buying 2 for 1 and what it costs, then we can compare to what it costs to bring our own.....gn
Old 03-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
We will be in TV for the month of April, staying in Summerhill. The questions are:
Can we bring coolers of beer / wine etc. to the squares for the nightly entertainment?
Is there a law against open containers in golf carts (not on the golf course)?

We were there for a week for an LSP in April last year, but never tried to take a cooler to the squares.

Most golf carts in TV have a cooler.

I keep mine full of sand.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Veteran member

Lots of people bring a six-pack cooler to the town squares with soft drinks or beer or wine. The drinks at the bars on the square are $4 for 2 mixed drinks and they mix them very strong. The drinks are 2 for 1 from 5 pm to 6 pm at Lake Sumter Landing and 5 to 7 at Spanish Springs.

Do not drive on the streets in your golf cart if you are tipsy or if you have an open can of beer in the cart. Big fines for that - and it does happen! That happens quite a bit around the squares, too.

On the golf course, you are allowed to have open cans of beer in your cart. No glass bottles.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

They announce at entertainment breaks at the squares that you are NOT to bring coolers there.

Some few people believe rules don't apply to them, and bring them anyway.

Same goes for smoking on the squares.

I don't know about golf carts , but I've read here on TOTV that the gendarmes have given DUI's to golfcarts.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I understand the Open Bottle rule and who would enforce it - law enforcement.

I have heard the "No Coolers" announcements at the squares (not consistently but sometimes) but am wondering who would/could enforce that. Certainly not the Special Events or Community Watch staff - they can't enforce anything. No laws broken so I don't think law enforcement cares who has a cooler in their possession. I have never seen the Rec Dept staff nor the Entertainment Dept staff enforce any rules - not even the "No Reserved Seating" rules. So who would enforce the "No Coolers" rule?

Is this another one of those "unenforceable" rules like we sometimes see in the deed restrictions and covenants?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
If I remember correctly they announce at the squares that you are not allowed to bring your own beverages though I have seen several people ignore that. My goodness, the drinks are 2 for 1 why would you bring your own.
But you spend your entire evening in line waiting to get your drinks.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
But you spend your entire evening in line waiting to get your drinks.
Well, if everyone brought their own coolers I don't think the "free" entertainment would continue. I've even seen people bring wine in mason jars in Walmart bags.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Sage

I've seen people (quite a few) step out to their parked cart, and pour a drink/beer into a plastic cup, and return to their seats. Seems like the way to go.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.