Who bought new Villages Home before selling old one?

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2018, 04:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Fenny is a new area of the Villages, so I wonder why there are those that chose to sell after only owning them a very short time? I've heard rumors, but I am not going to spread rumors. Any one know for sure why homes are being sold down there after only living in them two years?
Old 07-09-2018, 05:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Fenny is a new area of the Villages, so I wonder why there are those that chose to sell after only owning them a very short time? I've heard rumors, but I am not going to spread rumors. Any one know for sure why homes are being sold down there after only living in them two years?
I'd be curious too on an answer to your question.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Please tell us what you heard. I personally have not heard any rumors about "homes are being sold down there after only living in them for two years.". People will sell a home in The Villages after two years for a number of reasons;

Someone died.
They want a bigger garage, view, bigger, smaller house etc.
They decided to move back north because of someone's illness, a grandchild has entered the family, they don't like the heat.

I turn to Vintageogauge who lives in Fenney and many other posters who live there to quell this rumor that I am skeptical about.

Byte 1. I read many of your posts just now and agree with them so I really REALLY wonder what rumor you heard. You sound like such a reasonable person who I would listen carefully to. Please tell us the rumor you heard so that it can be addressed.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-09-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Only because this has occurred in EVERY new village. It is NOT unique to Fenney.

I agree with the reasons given by Gracie, plus there are many more common reasons. There is at least one thread on TOTV where this was asked and the reasons are numerous and logical - not suspicious, based on a rumor.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Tango View Post
We bought a CYV in Fenney in 1/18 with plans to rent it out for a couple yrs to decide if we wanted to more permanently to TV. Problem was our CYV rented out for 3 months but the rental management company we hired won't pay us our income. So we were forced to make a decision and we decided to move permanently to Fenney in 2 wks. Luckily we put our PA home up for sale and it sold in one day. Had 4 offers first day and accepted a nice amount over asking price. We were very lucky, but it sure would be nice to receive our rental income from the management company. But I don't think we ever will.

Sorry about your experience with the rental company. Have you contacted Seniors vs. Crime?
Old 07-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Sorry about your experience with the rental company. Have you contacted Seniors vs. Crime?

Waste of time. Contact Vinny @ 718-342-2235. He’ll know what to do with a guaranteed result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Seniors vs. crime can't help. Local police can't help. All say it's a civil matter. However the FL state Attorney General's office is currently conducting an investigation into them. So hopefully they'll do something about the company.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Default Great mortgage broker

Anyone seeking a great mortgage broker who will ensure a good rate and fees i highly recommend John Misky of Franklin (suburb of Nashville) Synergy at 615-310-2687. He covers FL and has closed for me in the villages.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
We have been coming to TV since 07, bought first house in 2010. Our first house in Pennacamp we were the first house to close on our street. In less than a year 4 homes went up for sale, one had a death, one had to go north to take care of aging parent, one could not live without new grand baby, and last was garage too small.

Next village, Fernandina, same reason for sale within a year, except 3 were death of spouse, and need comfort of family in another state. So what ever rumor you heard, people move for many reasons, Gracie is right. Those who have been here awhile have been saddened by those who have to move.

We are on our third home, and just to make a better rumor for you, we may be buying our fourth home. So we may surpass the people move 2.9 times in TV. Our oldest is looking down in Fenney. They want the quiet and does not matter if they are connected. They know how to drive, and own a car.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
They're building lots of them in Fenney as well as DeSoto, if you feel more secure, sell your home first, you'll sleep better.
We've built & sold about 8 homes & you're right, sell your home before you buy another one. It will ease your mind, otherwise you're always thinking about the one you're trying to sell. It's not like you won't find a home to buy here in the Villages! The Villages have a good thing going for them. You're stuck with 2 homes not them!
Old 07-23-2018, 05:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Please tell us what you heard. I personally have not heard any rumors about "homes are being sold down there after only living in them for two years.". People will sell a home in The Villages after two years for a number of reasons;

Someone died.
They want a bigger garage, view, bigger, smaller house etc.
They decided to move back north because of someone's illness, a grandchild has entered the family, they don't like the heat.

I turn to Vintageogauge who lives in Fenney and many other posters who live there to quell this rumor that I am skeptical about.

Byte 1. I read many of your posts just now and agree with them so I really REALLY wonder what rumor you heard. You sound like such a reasonable person who I would listen carefully to. Please tell us the rumor you heard so that it can be addressed.
The reason I know that some homes have sold in Fenney within two years is because it is easy to compare the homes listed with when they last sold. When I asked around, I was given people's "opinions" and I do not like to pass on "rumors" that may inadvertently cause damage to sales or someone moving into this great community. Forgive me for not passing on un-validated conjecture.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:40 PM

We ran into our realtor who said, you have to see this lot in Desoto. Purchased the lot in Desoto, went home to prep our home in Osceola Hills to sell. Told the Villages to go ahead and build hoping our house would sell quick. It sold in 6 days. We now have to rent for 2 months and put all our stuff in storage but hopefully it will be worth it.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, today, garages, straight, garage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.