Who fixes attic stairs?

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Gold member
Default Who fixes attic stairs?

My friends had someone go up into their attic and afterwards their attic door does not fit right. One corner doesn't fit flush to the ceiling. Who repairs things like this? Thet called some handymen but only heard back from one who wanted to sell them a new ladder. Need someone to check it and fix if posdible. Suggestions?
Old 05-11-2018, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

OP, there are a couple of things that might be wrong. First the pull down ladder may not have been installed correctly, as I recall ours had 2 screws in each end and 3 screws in each side, with wedges to square up the unit in the rough opening. Second, if the person accidentally stepped on the drywall ceiling, it may have pulled away from the rafter. Lastly, if the weight limit was exceeded the ladder frame may have split, if this is the case, IMHO, you need to get a new ladder installed.
There are several handymen in the area that should be able to help you. I cannot make recommendations as I typically do my own work. Also, there might be a sticker on the unit with a help line from the original manufacturer.
Send me a PM with your phone number if you would like to discuss further.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Sent you a PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
attic, fit, back, wanted, called

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.