Who is the Foundation for Amer. Vets and why do they keep calling?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Default Who is the Foundation for Amer. Vets and why do they keep calling?

This outfit has called here numerous times over the last few weeks asking for Rosamond. I try ignoring the calls and answer a few times to tell them to take me off their call list, but they keep calling. Is this a new scam?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Sounds to me like one. I was getting scam calls telling me my name cane up on a search informing me I had to call back or face punishment. They never address who they are or who they are specifically looking for. I block their numbers.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:17 AM

From a quick Google search it looks like they are legit - HOWEVER - the amount of money that actually goes to anything veteran related is less than 10%! The rest must be paying fundraisers and staff. Not quite a scam, but pretty close in my opinion.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Sage

Any unsolicited call looking for donations-word to the wise hang up--same goes for warranty offers.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Any unsolicited call looking for donations-word to the wise hang up--same goes for warranty offers.
our land line is connected to my fax. Anyone we know or do business with has our cells, everyone else gets a fax tone. I keep waiting for the first of these salespeople to figure it out and fax me,I might even consider their product, NOT!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.