Who got their second shot and how did it affect you if at all?

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2021, 10:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

So, 2nd shot administered at 11:05 AM yesterday. Felt fine all day. no arm soreness or anything. Went to bed around 10 PM and woke up a little after midnite with fever and chills.

Fever has subsided this morning but still low grade around 99.2 f and feeling really fatigued today. Asked my physician son about it and he said "Be happy, it's your immune system kicking in because it recognizes the MRNA and is mounting a response". He also said I was in the rare group over 70 who have an immune system like a 20 year old.

My wife has no symptoms whatsoever. Just a little arm soreness. Go figure.

Regardless, a little temporary fever is a small price to pay for immunity.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I am having my 2nd shot done on Wednesday but here is what happened on my first shot of Moderna. There was no problem with the vaccine BUT the shot itself was not properly placed and this is what happened to me: the first 24 hours I had extreme pain from my shoulder to my finger tips and that felt that way for the whole 24 hours. This was 4 weeks ago and I still have some pain in the arm when I move it and occasionally there is a nerve in my arm that runs down from the injection site to my hand and when that happens it is extreme pain and fans out into my hand and it feels like an electrical charge. This has gotten better. The person injecting me did not get it in the deltoid muscle but instead hit a nerve. It happens and I have since found evidence of this from medical journals, NIH, CDC and personal accounts but unfortunately didn't know this before my shot. I'm hoping nothing happens with the 2nd shot and I am having it in the other arm.
Got my first shot of Moderna yesterday. After a few hours it felt like someone punched me in the arm with there knuckle. Couldn't move my arm without jumping or even touch the area. It hurts much less today but is still sore.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:44 AM
Gold member

Update #3:

So, had a rough day yesterday with fever spiking and subsiding all day. Took 1000 iu Tylenol extra strength every 5 hours from 9 AM to 11 PM. Almost 25 hours after onset the fever broke. Today ( shot +2), I just feel dragged out from the fever but MUCH better.

Wife still has zero side effects.

Now, two weeks before max immunity is here.

Last edited by Aloha1; 02-07-2021 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:40 AM
Veteran member

I got Moderna shot #1 yesterday (Saturday 2/6) at SafeRestart at about noon. After a couple of hours my arm was slightly sore in the area of the shot. Soreness is almost unnoticeable now. At around 10:00 PM I had a little nausea but it was gone by midnight.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:29 PM

We got our first Moderna shot on January 8th at the Orange County Convention Center. Both of us had a sore injection site pain for about 36 hours. We received the Moderna shot #2 on Friday morning also at the Convention Center. My wife's arm was just as sore and she developed a fever of 101 after about 12 hours. She also had a slight headache. Today (Sunday) morning she is back 100%. No side effects at all. I did not have any noticeable injection site arm pain at all with the second shot. I felt just a slight amount of tiredness but no fever, no joint aches, and no other side effects at all. Obviously the second injection's side effects are very individual since we both had completely different experiences on the second shot and similar arm pain on the first shot. But any way one looks at it, a few side effects is much better than contracting the virus.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

Got my 2ond shot of Pfizer vaccine thursday morning...little sores that evening in shoulder muscle but buy friday morning very little soreness and no other side effects...
Old 02-12-2021, 08:45 PM

Wife and I had both Moderna vaccinations. 2nd was 7 days ago. She felt bad day after with virus like symptoms and a sore arm. I felt fine with just a little arm tenderness. On day 3+ I had a crown put in. The dental tech took my temp and it was elevated. I felt great. Temp returned to normal next day. Today we both feel normal. This seems typical with others I know.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:01 PM

I had first injection of Moderna without any negative effect. Had second shot two days ago. Woke up in the night with shaking chills, headache, joint and muscle pain.
Took Tylenol until temp was close to normal in about 24 hours. It was like a sudden unset flu. I have never had an adverse reaction to a med or vaccine in the past. Well worth the temporary discomfort in order to avoid Covid.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

We had our second Moderna vaccine on Wednesday at 9 AM. Husband got chills, body aches that evening and felt draggy on Thursday. I got a headache, but looking back, I think it was a sinus headache from the weather moving in.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:59 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
So, 2nd shot administered at 11:05 AM yesterday. Felt fine all day. no arm soreness or anything. Went to bed around 10 PM and woke up a little after midnite with fever and chills.

Fever has subsided this morning but still low grade around 99.2 f and feeling really fatigued today. Asked my physician son about it and he said "Be happy, it's your immune system kicking in because it recognizes the MRNA and is mounting a response". He also said I was in the rare group over 70 who have an immune system like a 20 year old.

My wife has no symptoms whatsoever. Just a little arm soreness. Go figure.

Regardless, a little temporary fever is a small price to pay for immunity.
Hopefully it will give you immunity....
Old 02-13-2021, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

After my second shot of the Moderna vaccine, the day after I developed a high fever with all the usual effects of fever such as body aches and general malaise. By that night, my temp was low grade. By the following morning my temperature was normal and I felt great. I never did take any medication for pain or to reduce the fever. I wanted my immune system to do the work.

I have read that it is usually the younger folks who have side effects to these mRNA vaccines after the second shot. Younger folks usually have stronger immune systems so I guess I have a pretty strong immune system. Maybe that's why I don't ever get sick, not even a common cold for many years.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
After my second shot of the Moderna vaccine, the day after I developed a high fever with all the usual effects of fever such as body aches and general malaise. By that night, my temp was low grade. By the following morning my temperature was normal and I felt great. I never did take any medication for pain or to reduce the fever. I wanted my immune system to do the work.

I have read that it is usually the younger folks who have side effects to these mRNA vaccines after the second shot. Younger folks usually have stronger immune systems so I guess I have a pretty strong immune system. Maybe that's why I don't ever get sick, not even a common cold for many years.
That is exactly correct according to my Dr. son. About 15% of those over 65 get these side effects after the second shot. It doesn't mean the other 85% aren't getting protected , it just means our immune systems are a bit stronger and more reactive.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

We got our first Moderna yesterday afternoon.
Slight ache at injection location for a couple of hours.
And that was it!
About the same as a flu shot (actually less than some flu shots I have had).
Old 02-14-2021, 08:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We got our first Moderna yesterday afternoon.
Slight ache at injection location for a couple of hours.
And that was it!
About the same as a flu shot (actually less than some flu shots I have had).
Congrats to you and your wife!

Tags
shot, side, 2nd, effects, headache

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.