Who pays for The Villages entertainment at Squares?

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2023, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I sense you wish only Villagers were allowed into the squares. I personally LOVE seeing younger families attend. It's refreshing and often hilarious to watch them enjoy themselves on the dance floor.
I agree that it is nice to see younger people from the area enjoying themselves at the squares. Squares should stay the way they are.
Old 02-05-2023, 07:57 AM

The Villages receive State funds to help with the costs of the squares. I think that fund is about $2 million.
Old 02-05-2023, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Village Community Development Districts has a lot of information on how things work. Some posters could save being embarrassed by their ignorance if a little time was spent at that web site.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:08 AM

Yes, the drink huts directly support the music in the squares. I find it disappointing that some line dancers bring their own drinks, take up the front row of seats along with a large part of the dance floor. I’m glad your having fun every night, but how about buying a water or drink and contributing to the events?
Old 02-05-2023, 08:15 AM
Default Town square

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL2021 View Post
I don’t think anyone should have to show ID at the squares. However, I believe that the Villagers pay for the entertainment as part of their amenity fee. Sumter County does not pay for it… is this correct? Hmmm...
I like seeing people around the Villages visiting the square. In the off season they help to keep shops open. Regardless of who pays for it. The visitors contribute with their patronage. Besides the more the merrier.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
Amenity fees may not pay for the entertainment but we Villagers do pay for all the upkeep of the squares. We are on the hook to replace the windmills and water towers, etc. that need repair. We don’t charge rent to the county or the store owners so they are getting a free venue and that is a great bargain.The cost of maintaining these town squares comes out of our amenity fees. It is like a neighborhood group holding a party every week at your house and they pay for the entertainment but you have to clean up, check for damage to your home, pay the mortgage, taxes, electricity, etc., etc., etc. We Villagers pay the lion share of the cost to put on nightly entertainment in the town squares.
If this is what keeps you up at night, time to relocate.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

If the squares were only for Villagers, the businesses (and drink huts) could not afford to stay in business.
Then everyone would complain that there’s only music 4 nights a week.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:21 AM
Default Yes

Quote:
I sense you wish only Villagers were allowed into the squares. I personally LOVE seeing younger families attend. It's refreshing and often hilarious to watch them enjoy themselves on the dance floor.
I agree complety it is fun to observe and enjoy
Old 02-05-2023, 08:27 AM

IMHO, starting each evening around 4pm, no cars should be allowed in the town squares. For the most part, golf carts line the streets. Cars would need to park in the large lots behind the venues. This would be a good public safety issue, and would allow for more carts in the square.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:38 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabacon6669 View Post
IMHO, starting each evening around 4pm, no cars should be allowed in the town squares. For the most part, golf carts line the streets. Cars would need to park in the large lots behind the venues. This would be a good public safety issue, and would allow for more carts in the square.
& let's take away Disabled Person parking and make them walk farther.

Old 02-05-2023, 08:39 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
If the squares were only for Villagers, the businesses (and drink huts) could not afford to stay in business.
Then everyone would complain that there’s only music 4 nights a week.
"but I was promised music every nite of the week for life"

Old 02-05-2023, 08:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl2021 View Post
i don’t think anyone should have to show id at the squares. However, i believe that the villagers pay for the entertainment as part of their amenity fee. Sumter county does not pay for it… is this correct? Hmmm...
No!
Old 02-05-2023, 09:04 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
Amenity fees may not pay for the entertainment but we Villagers do pay for all the upkeep of the squares. We are on the hook to replace the windmills and water towers, etc. that need repair. We don’t charge rent to the county or the store owners so they are getting a free venue and that is a great bargain.The cost of maintaining these town squares comes out of our amenity fees. It is like a neighborhood group holding a party every week at your house and they pay for the entertainment but you have to clean up, check for damage to your home, pay the mortgage, taxes, electricity, etc., etc., etc. We Villagers pay the lion share of the cost to put on nightly entertainment in the town squares.
Actually, The Villages Entertainment pays to rent the squares from the PWAC and AAC from 3 - 10 PM every day. In addition, the drink huts are owned by the developer who is responsible for the upkeep.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:10 AM
Default Young Families Bring Youth to the Town Squares

Quote:
Especially when young families are dancing with their children. Snow Birds and young families from surrounding communities bring fresh energy to the town squares adding to everyone's enjoyment.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Actually, The Villages Entertainment pays to rent the squares from the PWAC and AAC from 3 - 10 PM every day. In addition, the drink huts are owned by the developer who is responsible for the upkeep.
Good to know. Thanks for that information. I like having the squares open to the public. It is nice to see families and children enjoying the music.
Closed Thread

Tags
entertainment, squares, pay, sumter, amenity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.