Who should be allowed to drive in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2019, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
What bothers me is that Florida does not have yearly auto inspections. Go outside the bubble and see bald tires, smoke pouring out of exhausts, bad brakes, etc. Don't understand how there are no required inspection stickers. These vehicles should not be on the road.
Be careful what you wish for. I very much like no inspection. My car is totally safe, but if it had to pass an inspection I would have to spend over two thousand dollars to replace a catalytic converter that would not make the car any safer or run any better.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:02 AM

And so people that did not plan, or who were devastated by someone else's decisions, can just die and get out of our way... that seems to be the alternative. I believe that each of us should be responsible le and do what is possible to take career of themselves. I also believe that some times sh1t happens to the best of people, and I believe sometimes lazy people take advantage of the system.

I am open to suggestions to provide a humane moral society that does not result is dead bodies in gutters.

Last edited by Martian; 09-18-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,305 Times in 540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
And so people that did not plan, or who were devastated by someone else's decisions, can just die and get out of our way... that seems to be the alternative. I believe that each of us should be responsible le and do what is possible to take career of themselves. I also believe that some times sh1t happens to the best of people, and I believe sometimes lazy people take advantage of the system.

I am open to suggestions to provide a humane moral society that does not result is dead bodies in gutters.
I believe President Ronald Reagan when he was quoted as saying “Government exists to protect us from each other, where government has gone beyond its intended limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
Old 09-18-2019, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Be careful what you wish for. I very much like no inspection. My car is totally safe, but if it had to pass an inspection I would have to spend over two thousand dollars to replace a catalytic converter that would not make the car any safer or run any better.
Just cleaner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2019, 11:04 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Excellent question, and I will add how many older seniors do not take ANY drugs/medications - I expect none? And how many of those prescriptions (and non-prescriptions) can result in impaired ability to drive or impaired ability to make a sound judgement as to ones own ability to drive!
There seems to be the mistaken notion that only older people take medication.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 09-18-2019, 11:30 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Yes, and some younger folks take methication.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-18-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
I did not mean to imply that. But there are laws concerning illegal drugs already, and for legal drugs I expect older people tend to take more than younger, but I could be wrong about that.

However, there is no law against getting older, and while for some it is later than for others, eventually everyone will become incapable of driving safely.

And since there tends to be a higher concentration of "older" people here (I can't imagine why) my question was more focused on considerations with older people driving, should there be testing, should they simply decided for themselves, etc. etc. etc.

Tags
drive, age, driving, ability, safely

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.